Deposits

• Creator
    Topic
    kj35
    Participant

Some dealers seem to be asking for deposits when I go to order. The Audi q4 sport Quattro wants a £1000 deposit against a full AP of £4299. I’m ok with that but what happens to it if I change my mind before delivery? Is that deposit lost?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MFillingham
      Participant

That’s why they’re asking for deposits.  With the later cars added to the scheme, especially EVs, they will be buying a £50k car in the hope you stick with your current plan.  In the wake of people changing their minds it’s not surprising that deposits are now required.

Whether you lose that deposit comes down to how, when and why you decide not to proceed as well as how determined the dealership is to retain that money.

I was asked to put down the same deposit and it was a little surprising but I could see why.

If there’s any likelihood you won’t follow through with that order, the deposit should make you think carefully before potentially giving away quite a chunk of change.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
        I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.