Dear oh dear oh dear

• Creator
    Topic
  • #126979 Reply
    Des

What a plonker as Del would say. Got a letter from Motability 16th aug. It’s time to choose your next car. Had been looking for a while before that as I knew it was in or around that time.
    Nothing totally suitable so kept looking and had narrowed it down to mg hs exclusive and Tiguan r line tech. One just slightly out of budget but possible and maybe 90% suitable and one way out of budget, so applied for a grant for the mg, Tic toc etc phoned the grant people up there and got knocked back as I don’t have at least 12 months award left. Which means I can’t even order any car and now, Motability after a phone call have extended my current car until I get new award which is the 5th September next year.
    I couldn’t do another year in this car due to problems I mentioned in an other post. Expletive here.
    The grant people sent me out a letter explaining this apparently. They didn’t but will post it out now, great.
    As much my own stupidity but just how long does it take to process something Covid or not and at least send me the letter out so I could at least take something and get rid of this expletive here car.
    oh and the grant person just said ‘phone PIP and ask for an early review’ like what’s the chances of that tbh.

might rip the drivers seat out and bolt on my arm chair and take a grinder to the centre console to get me through the next year.

peed off

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #126980 Reply
    Des

Sorry about the lack of paragraphs, looked ok while typing. Hard to read if you have a brain injury and that’s me,

#127000 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Sorry to read this. 🙁

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#127004 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

The grant I can understand as you must have time on your award but if you’re still interested in purchasing a new Motability lease you’re eligible as your award has 12 months remaining. I believe Motability have reduced this to 6 months. If you have 6 months remaining you’re still allowed to put in a new application. In your case, more than 6 months remaining.

#127017 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

The grant I can understand as you must have time on your award but if you’re still interested in purchasing a new Motability lease you’re eligible as your award has 12 months remaining. I believe Motability have reduced this to 6 months. If you have 6 months remaining you’re still allowed to put in a new application. In your case, more than 6 months remaining.

Dave G,

I believe the ‘6 months benefit remaining but allowed to order’ ceased on 1st September 2020 – it was only an interim measure and has now been removed from Motability’s Covid-19 FAQ page.

You now need the full 12 months award left to order the vehicle. Motability now extend leases to align with the end date of the benefit/allowance.

#127019 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Oh no, here’s me thinking end of October. Thank you for confirming this BigDave. Sorry about the misinformation Des. As much as some hate to extend their current lease (including myself) it is unfortunate. However, the positive side to it is, you get an extra £100 on GCB. That’s IF your lease doesn’t end by then.

#127037 Reply
    des

Ah well, bright side is that I really want a PHEV and I’m hoping that in a years time the choices will be better and the APs drop. I’m moving home next week and a home charger would be more suited to the new home. Oh and I love the Peugeot 3008 gt line

Down side is that prices will probably just keep creeping up and my licence is permanently on the line so would hate to miss out on a new motor. Oh and I hate the Peugeot 3008 gt line.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Dear oh dear oh dear
Your information: