Damage from other Driver ???

• Creator
    Topic
    MgZSuser
    Participant

Hi all, first time posting.

Over a year ago, a driver bumped my car in a car park, when I wasn’t present and didn’t leave details. There were no cameras in the car park.

They bumped my back end on one side so hard, it shunted the bumper forward and now the bumper panel overlaps the back panel on one side of my car.

I notified RSA at the time and they said thank you for notifying us. They asked if I wanted to get it repaired, but that as the other driver was absent, the £100 fee was my liability. I didn’t have £100 at the time, and haven’t since, so it’s been left unrepaired. It doesnt affect driving and has passed its MOT since.

Will I get my GCB at the end of my lease (due around now) or will I have to forfeit it because I didn’t get it repaired?

I’m just really worried!

Thank you.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Did you have a letter from RSA basically saying fair wear and tear and if you wanted it repairing at anytime they will arrange it?

Somebody did same to me a while back.

des
        Participant

A picture of the damage would give a better idea. I had a crack on my bumper and didn’t get the GCB three years ago. I was surprised tbh as it wasn’t that bad.

Ele
          Participant

Spending £100 to save £250 is a no brainer imo

joss

Spending £100 to save £250 is a no brainer imo

But if you don’t have the £100 as the OP says. However your point is valid @Ele

Joss
              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

vinalspin
              Participant

One thing to consider is paying to £100 to get it repaired goes down as an insurance claim.

Jojoe
                Participant

My opinion, I think Motability are quite relaxed about wear and tear and the GCB, 3 year old cars are going to have minor dents and scuffs. Used car dealers often expect to repair minor dents and scratches before they put a car up for sale. We’ve never lost our GCB.

MgZSuser
                  Participant

No i had an email thanking me for reporting it.

MgZSuser
                    Participant

But if you dont have £100, it’s not a no brainer, but thanks for your helpful reply.

MgZSuser
                      Participant

Thank you. I’m not sure if this would be considered wear and tear despite them knowing about it already.

Robert88
                        Participant

If you’ve ordered another vehicle just ask the dealer you’ve ordered from if you will still get the good condition payment as it’s them that will pass it or not on handover.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.