Build date – Too long ago?

• Creator
    Topic
    comfortablynumb2
    Participant

I have a 2.5 PHEV Black Package Edition Kuga ordered for provisional delivery of 22nd April. Having obtained the VIN and contacting Ford DAC I have been advised that the car was built 7th July 2023, more than 9 months ago. Is this an acceptable amount of time to accept for a stock car sitting about outside. I’m concerned I’m going to receive some weather beaten lemon with mechanical issues undetected.

Would you accept this car if the cosmetic examination at handover showed no issues?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      solent60
      Participant

Personally no, I’d tell ’em to stick it!

One of the joys of collecting a brand new vehicle is that wonderful ‘new car’ smell – which I very much doubt will still be there after 9-months sitting in a field somewhere.

Each to their own of course…

kezo
        Participant

I’d be more concerned at what state of discharge the PHEV battery is.

Elliot
          Participant

I would tell them to shove it where the sun doesn’t shine. Standing doing nothing for 9 months can’t have done it any good and you have to question why it’s happened.

bigmac7288
            Participant

I have a 2.5 PHEV Black Package Edition Kuga ordered for provisional delivery of 22nd April. Having obtained the VIN and contacting Ford DAC I have been advised that the car was built 7th July 2023, more than 9 months ago. Is this an acceptable amount of time to accept for a stock car sitting about outside. I’m concerned I’m going to receive some weather beaten lemon with mechanical issues undetected. Would you accept this car if the cosmetic examination at handover showed no issues?

well it depends did you ask for a stock car or did you want a factory order?

if you wanted a factory order then tell them to stick it up there rear end.

comfortablynumb2
              Participant

Just to be clear, the car is an order from stock. I was just a bit surprised that the build date was 9 months ago. I have now checked the current stock ordered Mob car I have and it was over 7 months build date to handover with no issues at all. Having checked online it seems that this is a pretty normal occurrence for many Manufacturers. The car is definitely a Model Year 23.75 which was the last of the outgoing version.

I’d be interested to know if anyone else has checked their build date for a stock car order. Might surprise you.

bigmac7288
                Participant

Just to be clear, the car is an order from stock. I was just a bit surprised that the build date was 9 months ago. I have now checked the current stock ordered Mob car I have and it was over 7 months build date to handover with no issues at all. Having checked online it seems that this is a pretty normal occurrence for many Manufacturers. The car is definitely a Model Year 23.75 which was the last of the outgoing version. I’d be interested to know if anyone else has checked their build date for a stock car order. Might surprise you.

all 3 of my cars have been stock and never had a problem with them but because this car is a PHEV then i agree what kezo.

if i was you i would phone the dealer on the morning and tell them you arnt happy with the build date. Also I tryed to get one of these and was told none on stock that was Feb

vinalspin
                  Participant

At best the 12V battery with be cactus and after 9 months it wouldn’t be a shock for the HV battery to be the same way, you’ve only to look at the forums to see the folks having problems with the batteries that are running them every day and not been left in a field for nearly a year!

Not even if someone else lent me their barge pole!

DialysisKing
                    Participant

I suppose the counter to this is that if it appears to be in a good condition is as ordered etc then you can accept and if it does end up having significant mechanical issues you would be able to surrender the lease with no loss of AP if ford couldn’t rectify the problem.

comfortablynumb2
                      Participant

I suppose the counter to this is that if it appears to be in a good condition is as ordered etc then you can accept and if it does end up having significant mechanical issues you would be able to surrender the lease with no loss of AP if ford couldn’t rectify the problem.

Yes, that is certainly worth taking into consideration and it may happen. I await contact from the dealer on Mon in reply to my email expressing concerns ref the 9 months. When I ordered they did have another one, albeit a different colour, but I don’t think they can change the order without me having to pay a substantially higher AP for Q2.  If that doesn’t work out I may cancel and seek the alternative FHEV version which works out at a similar AP.

comfortablynumb2
                        Participant

I have a 2.5 PHEV Black Package Edition Kuga ordered for provisional delivery of 22nd April. Having obtained the VIN and contacting Ford DAC I have been advised that the car was built 7th July 2023, more than 9 months ago. Is this an acceptable amount of time to accept for a stock car sitting about outside. I’m concerned I’m going to receive some weather beaten lemon with mechanical issues undetected. Would you accept this car if the cosmetic examination at handover showed no issues?

Been and gone and done it.

kezo
                          Participant

Nice! Hope you enjoy it 🙂

Oscarmax
                            Participant

It seems a little strange in storage for 9 months many owners have been on a waiting list, sounds like a reject to me. I cancelled our Kuga PHEV due to a major Ford recall due to the 2.5 engine failures and fires, Ford carried out a patch repair remove a slate in the front grill to increase airflow and drill some hole in the sump guard to allow the oil to escape after an engine failure. Ford introduce a  ECU update which they latter abandoned, I was not willing to accepted such a bodged half baked fix, Ford need to get their act together, I did contact Motability they advised us to cancelled the order with the dealer and cancelled it their end.

We eventually ordered a Suzuki Across PHEV basically a rebadged Toyota RAV4 PHEV built in the same factory in Japan, it has been absolutely bullet proof without one single fault, plus better EV range and fuel consumption, AP £4999

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.