BP Pulse

• Creator
    Topic
  • #160020 Reply
    James

A friend picked up his VW ID3 a few weeks ago now, a stock car so very quick. We helped him complete his application for the BP Pulse charger but after two weeks he’s nothing back. I tried contacting them late last week and was told they’d call him back but nothing and have sent an email requesting an update but again nothing.

How long have others taken to get a date for install?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #160027 Reply
    Marcus

Hi, I filled the forms in and sent the relevant photos, last Friday. On Monday I was informed it’s being installed on the 2nd of Aug.

Now I’ve heard horror stories about BP, so until they arrive and install, I will reserve judgement.

#160034 Reply
    Adrian

I think (from my experience) that BP just hand off the task to a local contractor the moment it’s been approved (the approval is made by the local power distribution company, in my case Western Power Distribution)

Although BP are ultimately responsible, behind the scenes it’s then the local contractor who is responsible for contacting and making arrangements with you

In my case the local contractor made contact within a few days, corrected my form for me (I’d selected an untethered charger but changed my mind), agreed a date. The guy turned up literally to the second, took less than 2 hours to do the job (even though he rated our install as an 8/10 on the PITA scale). He even mended my garage door, although it only took him 1 minute because he’d had the same problem with his garage door, as he had to get inside the garage anyway. Under two weeks from clicking “submit” to having a working home charging point, zero friction.

I wish I could remember their name to give em a shout out, truth is they were so quick and smooth I barely remember them even turning up

I’m VERY aware that many people’s experience of BP Pulse is negative, but also aware that people are much more vocal about a bad experience than a good one (when was the last time you were online and someone you personally know actually raved about getting GOOD service?) so I just don’t know what the real picture is, overall.

But long story short, we had a working charger inside a fortnight with zero problems and great comms

#160043 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

You are very lucky Adrian, we sent off out photos and received notification from them that they had been received by BP Pulse early June, still waiting for any further contact/more notifications/anything…

Car arrives Friday. Will go elsewhere at this rate, the “service” is non-existent. I refuse to phone to chase them, its their sale to lose, not mine. I’d rather pay £600 to a firm who will treat me properly than deal with a shoddy firm who could not care less about their disabled customers.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#160056 Reply
    Speedy James

I had terrible service. Very little communication without chasing. Whole process from when I first did the online survey took about 10 weeks to the point of installation. Car sat at the  dealership for most of this time. The only good example was the actual electrical who installed the charger who was knowledgeable and helpful. Good Luck!

#160146 Reply
    Adrian

@Abercol, I agree, I was very lucky. Maybe it’s a regional thing. Like I said, I think BP really are just a broker of sorts and although they are ultimately responsible, all the work is handed off to the subbie. Perhaps it might be possible to map out regions / areas where one is likely to receive good service or bad?

It was pretty much the only thing that went right for us in the last year or so, even taking covid into account, so we don’t feel guilty that our BP experience went so smoothly 😂

#160162 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Here is a tip, when you do get it installed take the phone number of the install contractors. In future if you have any issues contact them direct, you will save yourselves a lot of hassle and stress rather than dealing with BP.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#163438 Reply
    Benny

I am an appointee and find dealing with anything to do with disability very stressful. In truth no one cares about the disabled and BP Pulse have been terrible to date. It has been 4 weeks since I filled in the form and submitted all the information they required with photos and documents. Guess what! I have heard absolutely nothing, nada, zilch. I have already complained about then to Motability and will see what will happen. Car arrives in 4 weeks. Fingers and toes are crossed for maximum luck.

Oh and I sent BP Pulse an e-mail and have had no reply to that either. Can I not have a Pod Point installed instead? Checked on Pod Point website and they work with the Car I have ordered.

#163462 Reply
    Ian Price

This is why I did not go with the free charger from motability. I would rather pay for it myself, than put up with all this. It just ain’t worth it.

#163490 Reply
    Richard

I’ve been messed about by BP since mid May, all the work has been done by the DNO. I complained to Motability & BP gave them a date then gave me a different date & blew both, I gave them another chance & they blew that again & now I have Hypervolt coming to quote 17th & Motability are paying.

If you have problems complain & they will let you organise your own & they’ll pay

#163715 Reply
    Benny

Hello Richard,

I had complained and my complaint has now been escalated to a complaints manager, (after I telephoned again). They point blank refuse to allow me to organise Hypervolt and pay for it themselves. They say I can organise myself but won’t pay for it. I have no confidence in BP Pulse, but as the car is due would be difficult to get replacement vehicle. The cost after grant is around £599. BP Pulse installers have called today to offer an installation date.

Can you tell me who you spoke to at Motability who said they would allow you to organise your own and they would pay?

#163742 Reply
    bfoandc

I would certainly be interested to know who it was at Motability that accepted the customer could arrange the installation and Motability would pay. I’ve been told the direct opposite.
    I’m actually somewhat confused about what the situation with BP Pulse is as regards our install. I’ve had one email saying that I needed to provide something which doesn’t exist or they couldn’t install. This afternoon I’ve had an email saying I need to have an isolator switch fitted before they’ll install. Do I get the switch installed or not? If I do and they still won’t install I’ll have gone to a useless expense.
    This has been by far the worst part of switching to electric! Still glad I made the switch though.

#163743 Reply
    Des

6 months on and I’m still waiting on BP pulse to fit my charger.

Absolutely incompetent, totally useless.

#163837 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

I gave up, we chased a few times, never heard anything back, 4 months now.

So I called Viridian EV & ordered a charger from them, the Classic 2. Not smart, so not OLEV grant applicable, but only £300 and comes with pen fault detection, 6v dc PCM & load balancing to avoid tripping your meter – in other words, fully 18th reg compliant. Its not on their website yet as its just gone into production. They have already altered the build a bit to make it easier to install (asked me if I wanted to wait 8wks for the improved model, I said no).

I’m getting our local sparky to install, will have the whole thing inc. 25m of 6mm armoured cable and a really non-standard installation (up through loft and in basement) for £200 inc. materials – and he will also fit a separate outside plug while he’s here and running cables for £40 (I already have the outside plug unit).

So, under £500 all in, no grants to faff about with and Viridian make excellent chargers here in the UK with decent components.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#163845 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I would certainly be interested to know who it was at Motability that accepted the customer could arrange the installation and Motability would pay. I’ve been told the direct opposite. I’m actually somewhat confused about what the situation with BP Pulse is as regards our install. I’ve had one email saying that I needed to provide something which doesn’t exist or they couldn’t install. This afternoon I’ve had an email saying I need to have an isolator switch fitted before they’ll install. Do I get the switch installed or not? If I do and they still won’t install I’ll have gone to a useless expense. This has been by far the worst part of switching to electric! Still glad I made the switch though.

Hang in there i had the same confusing message and around a week later i was contacted by a contractor who installed the isolator switch which is included in the installation. Once installed they will contact BP and the installation of your charge pod will be around a week after that.

The service is atrocious but as i have said before in other threads make sure you take the name and contact number of the contractor who installs your main CHARGE POD then in future if you have any issues at all ring them direct and they will call out and bill BP direct over the phone from site, that way you will never have to speak with the bunch buffoons again.

KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#163856 Reply
    bfoandc

Thanks very much for that Stuart. I was beginning to think that BP had hit on a way to put people off EVs!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: BP Pulse
Your information: