BMW X2

• Creator
    Topic
    cw
    Participant

Few months back, BMW put the X2 on the scheme and I know a few of you posted that BMW cancelled the orders.

Did any of you actually not get cancelled and received your cars?

(I’m not talking about the electric versions)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

I don’t believe that the all new X2 has ever been on the scheme. I might be wrong, but I thought that when the X2 was last on it was the previous model (bearing in mind that the new X2 has only been out a matter of months, much later than the new X1).

The all new iX1 and iX2 appeared fairly quickly, but we haven’t been offered any petrol, diesel or PHEV versions of the X1 or X2 yet.

I’d jump at an X1 petrol, but don’t think it will appear given Motability’s fixation on EVs and PHEVs. I think that the PHEV is the best we can probably hope for. Same with the X2.

TheSUVguy
        Participant

According to two different bmw dealers it was the new x2 petrol but it was removed because it was a mistake(they could be wrong) I don’t know how a mistake like that can happen as both bmw and motability would’ve negotiated prices etc, from my memory 2-3 people ordered, I think two said they had theirs cancelled and the 3rd never said

think it was £3999 for the msport with the tech/pro pack which imo is a great price

I do wish that motability brought in more petrol cars, don’t see why we can have 50k + EVs but not a 48k X3 petrol

kezo
          Participant

I do wish that motability brought in more petrol cars, don’t see why we can have 50k + EVs but not a 48k X3 petrol

It would be nice if the X3 joined but, Motability will be getting getting much nore discount of £50k electric cars than they would on a X3 petrol.

Glos Guy
            Participant

According to two different bmw dealers it was the new x2 petrol but it was removed because it was a mistake(they could be wrong) I don’t know how a mistake like that can happen as both bmw and motability would’ve negotiated prices etc, from my memory 2-3 people ordered, I think two said they had theirs cancelled and the 3rd never said think it was £3999 for the msport with the tech/pro pack which imo is a great price I do wish that motability brought in more petrol cars, don’t see why we can have 50k + EVs but not a 48k X3 petrol

Thanks for the info. I’d obviously missed that. Like you say, it’s a very odd ‘mistake’ to make and clearly there had been discussions about the X2 joining the scheme.

Whilst I prefer the look of the X2 to the X1 (especially the rear), we found it to be far too cramped, so it would have to be the X1 for us. Even though it was an error, this gives me hope that the X1 might appear, although I’d be surprised if it was a standard petrol one. More likely the PHEV, but I’d consider that as a compromise if the petrol was never going to appear

I’d jump at a petrol X3, even at a £10k AP, but can’t see it happening. Like many manufacturers, they don’t have any difficulty selling petrol cars, especially to private buyers, but have to work hard to shift enough EVs to move toward their targets, so big discounts are on offer for the fleet operators such as Motability.

cw
              Participant

I don’t believe that the all new X2 has ever been on the scheme. I might be wrong, but I thought that when the X2 was last on it was the previous model (bearing in mind that the new X2 has only been out a matter of months, much later than the new X1). The all new iX1 and iX2 appeared fairly quickly, but we haven’t been offered any petrol, diesel or PHEV versions of the X1 or X2 yet. I’d jump at an X1 petrol, but don’t think it will appear given Motability’s fixation on EVs and PHEVs. I think that the PHEV is the best we can probably hope for. Same with the X2.

No it was definitely the fuel X2, it was on the scheme about 4 or 5 days, and BMW actually took orders, and a few days later BMW contacted them and cancelled their orders.

I currently have a Tiguan, and I extended the 2 year period so have 18 months to find a car. I like yourself would love to see the X1 petrol come on, I see Audi have put the Q3 on, but the trim is in Sport, and it has very limited ‘extras’ as standard.  Mercedes have just added the GLA, but I’m hoping VW will add the new Tiguan in July.

indecisiveone
                Participant

Guy at vw told me yesterday the Tiguan is coming on in July

cw
                  Participant

Brilliant.

kezo
                    Participant

Budget friendly Match trim?

indecisiveone
                      Participant

I asked if R line and he said wasn’t aware which ones yet

cw
                        Participant

hopefully the Rline comes on.

Glos Guy
                          Participant

hopefully the Rline comes on.

As with the outgoing model, the R-Line looks better but the Elegance has significantly better kit, although the iQ headlights are no longer standard and neither model has leather, other than as an option of over £2k, which is infuriating. Also, if all we are offered is the 1.5i petrol I think I’d struggle to convince myself that it’s a contender.

indecisiveone
                            Participant

My mind keeps going bk to Audi Q4 when thinking of bmw x2 or Tiguan

why should/ shouldn’t I be thinking Audi ?

kezo
                              Participant

why should/ shouldn’t I be thinking Audi ?

The Q4 is nice and one I did consider!

However, only you can decide whether to go for a full EV or ICE/Hybrid based on the types of journey’s you do 🙂

Glos Guy
                                Participant

My mind keeps going bk to Audi Q4 when thinking of bmw x2 or Tiguan why should/ shouldn’t I be thinking Audi ?

As Kezo says, they are entirely different beasts. The Q4 is an EV and the other two aren’t!

indecisiveone
                                  Participant

Just local journeys and can fit charger on drive but I did like x2 and ix2 cockpit but rear sits didn’t feel spacious

kezo
                                    Participant

Just local journeys and can fit charger on drive but I did like x2 and ix2 cockpit but rear sits didn’t feel spacious

The Q4 has an AP of £5650

A similar sized petrol Skoda Karoq SEL has an AP of around £2700, meaning you have to use about £3,000 in petrol o make the Q4 pay financially.

A similar sized 50mpg Hybrid has an AP of Around £4,000 meaning you have to use £1,650 in petrol…

That is part of how I work things out by calculating petrol useage over 3yrs and adding to the AP.

There EV’s with much less AP’s that may be worth exploring 🙂

indecisiveone
                                      Participant

If only Skoda would change their name ! 😁

Glos Guy
                                        Participant

The Q4 has an AP of £5650 A similar sized petrol Skoda Karoq SEL has an AP of around £2700, meaning you have to use about £3,000 in petrol o make the Q4 pay financially. A similar sized 50mpg Hybrid has an AP of Around £4,000 meaning you have to use £1,650 in petrol… That is part of how I work things out by calculating petrol useage over 3yrs and adding to the AP. There EV’s with much less AP’s that may be worth exploring 🙂

That’s a very sensible way of looking at things. Assuming that you did that calculation for your Tucson PHEV, does it work out significantly cheaper to run (including the charging cost) than say the non-plug in Hybrid version, enough to warrant the faff of having to plug it in after every time that you use it?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Glos Guy.
                                          TheSUVguy
                                          Participant

Would love for the Cupra tavascan to come on the scheme, think it looks the best out of the VW Evs (enyaq, q4 etc) only the q4 sport back black edition looks better in my opinion

as for the ix2 / Tiguan / q4

q4 sport back only comes in sport and it’s too expensive, I honestly believe some dealers have raised their prices due to the motability £750 payment

ix2 as you said rear hasn’t got space / it’s awkward to get in, q4 has much more space at the back

new Tiguan I’m not a fan of the new models body, r line saves it a bit, always have a soft spot for the Tiguan as it was my first ever car (mk1) and second car (mk2)

BigDave
                                            Participant

I honestly believe some dealers have raised their prices due to the motability £750 payment

Motability Pricing is by negotiation between Motability Operations and vehicle manufacturers.

Dealers have no say in Motability pricing, so cannot ‘raise the price’ in response to the £750 payment or any other circumstance.

Of course, dealers are free to make deals and offers at less than the published Motability price if they so wish.

Glos Guy
                                              Participant

I honestly believe some dealers have raised their prices due to the motability £750 payment

Motability Pricing is by negotiation between Motability Operations and vehicle manufacturers. Dealers have no say in Motability pricing, so cannot ‘raise the price’ in response to the £750 payment or any other circumstance. Of course, dealers are free to make deals and offers at less than the published Motability price if they so wish.

I suspect that @TheSUVguy meant to say ‘manufacturers’ rather than ‘dealers’ and, in truth, it’s difficult to argue against. Many people have posted that the replacement for their previous car is now substantially more than it was last time (often by several thousand pounds) so the £750, even if added to the odd dealer discount, often doesn’t come even close to bridging that gap.

Even those of us who can afford to pay high APs are struggling with the limited choice, so I really feel for those who need a decent sized car and want a good spec but can’t afford a high AP. I suspect that substantial compromises will have to be made.

Elliot
                                                Participant

If only Skoda would change their name ! 😁

Skoda are no longer the joke they used to be.

TheSUVguy
                                                  Participant

Yes sorry @BigDave meant to say manufacturers, of course I could be wrong but I wouldn’t put it passed some of them to do so.

@glossguy I wonder if one solution to higher APs could be allowing the customer to increase their monthly payment so instead of just the mobility being taken, customers could allow an extra £100 to be taken from the daily living part of PIP

£100 a month for 3 years is £3600

I don’t think it’ll be a great solution of course I’d rather just advance payments come down, plus I’m sure there’s some sort of agreement between the government and motability not to touch that part of pip

kezo
                                                    Participant

That’s a very sensible way of looking at things. Assuming that you did that calculation for your Tucson PHEV, does it work out significantly cheaper to run (including the charging cost) than say the non-plug in Hybrid version, enough to warrant the faff of having to plug it in after every time that you use it?

I did a quick calculation on taking my daughter to and from school 52 weeks a year for 3yrs. By calculating a full 52 week school year, would account for running about during school holidays taking her to the beach etc etc.

To take my daughter to and from school each week uses 3 gallons of fuel, so we’ll call that £18 per week in fuel based on £6 a gallon

156 weeks x £18 = £2808

So if I only use electric for this, I have saved £2808 minus charging costs. To calculate charging costs, I rounded it of to 0.10p per kWh for ease of calculating and I’d need to charge 2.5 times a week so we’ll say 3 for ease.

£1.40 x 3 = £4,20 or £655 over 3 years.

£2808 – £655 = £2153 saved just by taking my daughter to and from school.

As an example the AP is £4600 – £2153 from above calculations = £2447…

Similar sized Hybrids in he spec I’d want £3999 AP

Skoda Karoq Sportline Auto £2,800 – £3499 AP

I’m an electrician, its my duty to plug in! 🤣

Matt
                                                      Participant

Kezo, why have you rounded down the cost of a gallon of petrol yet rounded up the costs of electricity? I’d like to know where you can get a gallon of petrol or diesel for £6, yet you’ve added 33% to the cost of charging and 20% to the amount of charges.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.