Austral test drive

• Creator
    Topic
    FiestaRed
    Participant

After all the difficulties even getting a test in the Qashqai, my morning with the Renault was a world apart. The dealership couldn’t have been more helpful.
      The Austral I had for the morning was the Iconic Alpine Esprit, the all singing all dancing one. Never having driven an SUV before I was a bit apprehensive about the size but it was so comfortable and easy to drive. The Iconic had way more aids and gadgets than I could ever check out in a single morning. I even struggled turning the car off, the seats moved and nothing seemed to want to shut down like my Toyota Corolla TS.

Over all a very impressive car and a most enjoyable morning. The only problem I had was when asking if they could fit a dashcam, the sales rep didn’t know if Renault did them.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

We should finally be getting out Iconic next week.

Renault do indeed do a dashcam pack. You can find it under accessories in their configurator.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Avatar photoConfusicated.
        • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Avatar photoConfusicated. Reason: Typo correction

Current: MY24 Renault Austral Iconic FHD. AP £3,995 +£570 for hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
        2013 Ford Focus estate petrol auto.
        2016 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto.
        2019 Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD.

FiestaRed
        Participant

Can I ask how long the Iconic took from ordering please Mike? The sales rep wasn’t sure and mentioned that some grades, colours/colourways could take longer for the order to come through.

Quite impressed with the four way steering on the Iconic.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by FiestaRed.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Sir Limpalot
          Participant

I place my order for a Techno Esprit Alpine on Feb 6th and the expected date for delivery was “end of march/beginning of April” but I had a phone call 10 days ago to say that my car had arrived at the dealer. Dealer didn’t give specifics as to why so early but as he’d taken over from a salesman who had been fired (and good riddance in my opinion) he suspected the vehicle had been found from group stock.  As I had family commitments the earliest I could pick up is March 15th which of course means it ends up on a ’24 plate😊

Participant

Ours was initially ordered as a mid-range trim mid-October, then changed to the Iconic when it came onto the scheme a few weeks later. We ordered it in Shadow Grey. It arrived at the port 2nd January, was held until 13th for the big software upgrade. Then the dealer failed to call it forward from the port because their compound was full and lied about it to us. I had to escalate the complaint 3 levels up in Renault UK before they admitted this. The bloody dealer still denies all responsibility. Renault asked me if I wanted to wait another week to get a ’24 plate and I agreed. We should get it next week.

Current: MY24 Renault Austral Iconic FHD. AP £3,995 +£570 for hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
              2013 Ford Focus estate petrol auto.
              2016 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto.
              2019 Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.