Audi sos call problems

• Creator
    Topic
  • #168493 Reply
    Cooperman

I have had a audi a3 saloon.oon on mobility for 7 months now, the sos call button keeps failing causing sat nav ,radio,music to fail constantly,after looking on different forums this appears to be a common problem In about 20% OF new models,have any body else had these problems and is there a fix as having to take car to garage is a pain,how can audi sell these cars knowing about this problem, maybe mobility should.d get involved.as this can cause Sat nav failure amongst other problems

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #168494 Reply
    Jojoe

We have the Skoda Octavia Technology, it has Sat Nav and SOS call, it’s VAG group so could be same system.  Tried the button once and it started dailing. But the Sat Nav / Infotainment system keeps crashing, it also keeps switching of the parking sensors which is a real pain.

#168496 Reply
    Rene

Don’t press the SOS button simple as and you won’t have the issue. If you have an emergency use your mobile.

#168509 Reply
    joss

Don’t press the SOS button simple as and you won’t have the issue. If you have an emergency use your mobile.

Also get the app What 3 words installed on your phone. Never get lost again
    With the what3words app, it’s easy to find, share and save precise locations. Just in case you don’t know where you are in an emergence.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#168525 Reply
    Wonkyhorn
    Participant

Hi, I have a Seat Ateca I picked up on 12/20 and its currently in Seat with no Eta on a fix for the Sos Problem.

As above, when it fails it takes out the Sat Nav, DAB, Phone calls, Clock. It also takes out a carplay or android auto phone as that uses the cars gps antenna.

It’s nothing to do with pressing the sos button, I have never pressed it in the 11 months I have had the car and it has failed 10+ times.

The first time Seat had it and said a software update would fix it, It did not.

I am currently in liaison with a Motability advisor as they want the car fixed.

I contacted Seat uk and VW uk and it apparently affects a decent number of cars built after May 2020, the mk8 golf was delayed for this reason and its been in the newspaper.

I hope a permanent fix is found as I really like the Ateca and it seems its almost impossible to replace it with the ap being double in price and huge wait times.

If I get any joy from Motability, Seat on Vw I will update.

Rob

#168570 Reply
    Cooperman

No body is pressing the sos button it just closes down on its own taking the sat nav all personal settings radio Lane departure and safety systems,so we are not pressing the bloody button

#168572 Reply
    Cooperman

Audi have found multiple problems with the cabling,the fix is to replace All of the connectors and antenna, they have to take the dashboard to do this,8 hrs labour at 150 per hr,no garentee that this will.l work either,who is going to pay for this as it is a known fault,it is not mobility  fault. This fault happens a least 2 or 3 times a day leaving no hands free mobile or sat nav or Lane departure or any apps you may use on your phone

#168586 Reply
    struth
    Participant

first ive heard of this tbh. its not good is it. companies should have fixed this a long time ago if its so regular and been going for so long, which to me as an engineer says the dont give a damn; they have your money.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#168611 Reply
    Technical Jargon

I had this issue all you need to do is press and hold the red button for 10- 15 seconds hold the button continuously and then the system resets itself never had a problem after that

#168612 Reply
    Wonkyhorn
    Participant

Hi,  I did the hold for 15s and it lasts for at worst, 10mins, at best 3 days! Its super annoying I just hope they have a proper fix soon.

#168619 Reply
    John Morris

Omg this….. so I have had this issue since March 8th when we picked our Ateca up. Its been in for 3 software fixes but none have made any difference at all. Also as well as the SOS calling itself and freezing and failing the climate control doesn’t work neither and the digital cockpit either freezes or turns off completely. So dangerous on the motorway. So I received a call 10 days saying a fix was ready and we booked in for this morning. I arrived 25 miles from home at the Snows SEAT Portsmouth to be told that there was no update for my car. They have 150 cars with this issue and the fix was for only 6 of them!! According to them it’s a 3rd party company which developed the SOS system that’s at fault. 8 months!!! Oh and the issue is caused when the built in e-sim changes mobile phone tower.

#168623 Reply
    struth
    Participant

remove/disable e sim maybe? a temp fix

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by struth.

#168625 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Blimey John and I thought that the Mercedes that I had on hire the other week was bad (digital dashboard failing to work, sat nav hopeless). The trouble with computer based technology is that it can and does go wrong. As you and I have discovered, it becomes a lot more than an inconvenience when it’s the dashboard!

#168626 Reply
    Wonkyhorn
    Participant

I have tried turning off the E Sim data, running the car in guest profile only. I believe an Esim is software based, ie cant be removed.

I am open to try any fix. Seat uk have been no help and the main dealer are saying “could be 2 days or 2 months we dont know”

#168629 Reply
    John Morris

Snows actually told me to ring SEAT uk direct and bring up a complaint with them. Although I am not sure if it will help judging by your experience. Maybe it’s time to get motability involved but what can they do? Also with the wait time for cars these days this car is definitely better than no car at all. Aside from this the car is perfect for us. So frustrating.

#168630 Reply
    Cooperman

Have booked in at audi in bham,strangely they offered me a replacement car until it is sorted out,this is not normally the case so they know there is a issue with the antenna/mmi

#168638 Reply
    John Morris

Well I have just phoned SEAT UK and they told me to ask the dealer for a replacement until its fixed. When I said the dealer only had smaller cars than our Ateca she told me to contact motability and arrange a return. Very suspicious. She also said that Audi had sorted a fix for their cars due early December but SEAT have no idea when a fix will be ready for us.

#168648 Reply
    AtecaMan

I alerted Motability to this problem in July – their response speak to Seat uk. At the time (July 21) Seat UK denied any issue and that must be isolated case even after sending them the Guardian article.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/may/01/vw-audi-and-skoda-owners-angry-over-fault-in-sos-warning-system

#168656 Reply
    John Morris

Atecaman they lied.  Seat have known about my issues since the beginning of March. This is affecting 1000s of cars all fitted with this unfinished SOS programme.

#168685 Reply
    Jojoe

I’ve only experienced total shutdown a couple of times in the 7 months we’ve had the Octavia, but as others have said, it’s shuts down everything, dashboard, screen the lot. What we experience more is the system shutting down the parking sensors, we are always getting the warning saying they are not currently available. Took it in May and they said there is a software update for it.

#169768 Reply
    Cooperman

Total waste of time

I have had my a3saloon in the audi garage today,the sos failure feature keeps taking out sat nav hands free phone and Lane departure, audi have known about this for some time and this is affecting a1 a3 q3 etc,also vw soda seat.there is no fix available for the audi until at least December, vw seat soda maybe next year.how can they sell cars that have know faults, the golf 8 has this problem as well causing massive delays,,I  have spent 4 hrs today traveling to showroom today and £20  in fuel.if I buy anything that is faulty or not fit for purpose I would get a new replacement or my money back should I push for this

#169771 Reply
    struth
    Participant

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/154226/the-consumer-rights-act-and-new-cars

#169772 Reply
    Wonkyhorn
    Participant

I know have the Ateca back with me, still broken. Seat said a fix is in the works but no idea on timeline.

Motability said I can have my deposit back and go order another car. Problem is anything similar to the Ateca has a 30 week wait and 3 times the deposit.

They also said if I chose a new vehicle and did not want to drive the ateca no more they wouldnt provide me with ongoing travel till the new car arrives.

I cannot afford to pay triple deposit so Ive said Ill keep the Ateca with the hope Seat fix it asap and if the prices/availability change in Jan, I can order a new car then.

So basically back at square one minus not having use of the Ateca for 2 months.

#169773 Reply
    Wigwam

But bear in mind it’s Motability who has a contract with the dealer, not the user of the car.

So the remedy lies with Motability.

#169775 Reply
    Cooperman

Thanks struts,very interesting,on the video audi send you showing car service tyres etc the header reads

Known fault no fix available.e at the moment

#169777 Reply
    Cooperman

Thanks struts,very interesting,on the video audi send you showing car service tyres etc the header reads

Known fault no fix available.e at the moment,I do love the car I had to pay 2300 ap (I ordered 29th dec),now not on scheme anymore,the hatchback in edition 1 is nearly 5000 so I hope a fix can be found

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Audi sos call problems
Your information: