Audi Q3

• This topic has 131 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Outrigger.
Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #131157 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Fantastic news

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#131165 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hmmm. Now that’s interesting. Another car to add to our list to look at when we change in Q1.  The Q3 was on the list when we last ordered, but we discounted it as it felt very small and cramped compared to the Tiguan that we went for. No doubting that it’s a better quality car though. Shame that it’s only available with fairly low capacity engines, but it’s a small car so should probably be adequate. Shame also that to get the 4WD auto you can’t have the S-Line and have to have a Sport instead. Maybe the choice may widen in Q1 (unless Motability’s illogical price caps rule them out)?

#131166 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Electric tailgate standard looks fab

#131173 Reply
    Lou

Had hoped this would come on the list as had one privately years ago and adored it but I do quite like the BMW X1…..ah decisions!

#131179 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Had hoped this would come on the list as had one privately years ago and adored it but I do quite like the BMW X1…..ah decisions!

Yes, it’s certainly nice to have the choice. A few years ago Motability really slashed the choice of decent cars available on the scheme and it’s encouraging to see that a number of them, such as the Q3 and BMW 3 Series, are returning. Whilst I don’t agree with price caps (as ALL additional costs of more expensive cars could simply be covered by bigger AP’s for those prepared to pay them), I am hoping that they raise them in January, as they’ve been stuck at the same prices for a few years now.

#131183 Reply
    Lou

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The Q3 was probably the smoothest car Iv drove and felt safest in during all my motoring years but the X1 suits my needs very nicely although I have had to add some extras. I’m quite tempted to test drive a Q3….I think the price caps can limit options for many users but I also hope they raise them in the near future.</p>

#131201 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Yes, Audi! I’ve only sat inside the Q3 and liked its seat position height and loved how the cabin felt cosy. I still recall the amount of people asking on the homepage when this vehicle will come back on the scheme. But I have a feeling it may be withdrawn next quarter.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#131202 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Yes, Audi! I’ve only sat inside the Q3 and liked its seat position height and loved how the cabin felt cosy. I still recall the amount of people asking on the homepage when this vehicle will come back on the scheme. But I have a feeling it may be withdrawn next quarter.

What makes you think that it might be withdrawn next quarter? Whilst there appears to be no rhyme nor reason as to why cars come and go from the scheme, it would be very odd to add a new car and then withdraw it a few weeks later, especially as those few weeks contain the Christmas break when very few people will be ordering cars. It would be a lot of work for nothing. The BMW X1 is a very popular car on the scheme, so it’s no surprise that, in an increasingly competitive market, Audi would want its direct competitor on the scheme.

#131203 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m trying to get full spec of basic sport at £1449 auto has it got auto fold mirrors ?

#131204 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I’m trying to get full spec of basic sport at £1449 auto has it got auto fold mirrors ?

Yes it does Mike. I’ve got the full spec off the Audi website and the Sport is pretty well equipped. Highlights;

LED Headlights

Power tailgate

Audis excellent MMI Navigaton Plus

Audis equally excellent Virtual Cockpit

Lane Departure Warning

Negatives are cloth seats, standard cruise (not adaptive), ugly wheels (but nicer ones for £150 more) and only black seats, so interior rather drab.

S-Line mostly adds styling details, but the wheels are better and it has privacy glass and ambient lighting. I wouldn’t like the sport suspension though (Sport model has standard suspension).

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
    #131209 Reply
    72 dudes

Those APs are very good.

@Glos Guy, I think you can order an S Line with comfort suspension at no cost, certainly used to be the case.

#131210 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

I don’t know why, Glos Guy. I haven’t got a logical response or answer to your question but something tell me it won’t be around for too long. Nonetheless, I’m very happy it’s here!

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#131237 Reply
    Carl

I guess mobility are adding cars like this back onto the scheme because there are a glut of them that dealerships need to shift, as more people want hybrid, plug in and EVs.   I do think this will drive down prices every year until the 2030 Electric switch over.

#131417 Reply
    davjg
    Participant

Going for a test drive tomorrow for Audi  Q3 1.5 petrol Sline. Hope to order after, as my local dealership says that demand is very high, he would say that would’t he!

I test drive the VW Tiguan eligance and liked the engine and ride but was not impressed inside, i am sure Audi will beat it and looks like it will be same price, so hopefully a no brainer.

#131419 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Is it a 2 hour test drive ?

#131421 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Going for a test drive tomorrow for Audi Q3 1.5 petrol Sline. Hope to order after, as my local dealership says that demand is very high, he would say that would’t he! I test drive the VW Tiguan eligance and liked the engine and ride but was not impressed inside, i am sure Audi will beat it and looks like it will be same price, so hopefully a no brainer.

I shall be extremely interested to hear your feedback. We have both those cars on our shortlist. We loved the interior of the Q3 when we looked at it last time but had to discount it as it felt so much smaller inside than the Tiguan. The new Q3 is an inch shorter than the Tiguan, two and a half inches lower and the boot is 530 litres versus 615 in the Tiguan, but the new Tiguan has a dropped boot floor that would make loading my wife’s wheelchair in and out quite difficult and rectifying that (with a spare wheel, which raises the floor) might make them more comparable.

#131423 Reply
    davjg
    Participant

No, not a 2 hour lest drive, happy to give feedback on here tommorow.

The Q3’Black Edition’ may come on the scheme this week.

#131424 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Hope you get coffee and biscuits

#131430 Reply
    Matthew

So is it Audi q3 ,Volvo xc40 , the new 3008 or stick with another BMW X1 ? What’s your opinion?…

#131431 Reply
    Ricky

Newbie here,

hello everyone and hope all is well. What are your thoughts on the new Audi Q3 sportsback ? Will it be added soon? If so what trims ? AP prices higher or lower than Q3 estate?

#131432 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

So is it Audi q3 ,Volvo xc40 , the new 3008 or stick with another BMW X1 ? What’s your opinion?…

All of those, bar the 3008, are on our shortlist too. I have a horrible feeling that they will all be too small for us and we will end up with yet another ruddy Tiguan 😂 Looking forward to the new year when we can go and look at them in the flesh. My first choice, by a mile, is the BMW 3 Series Touring, but access may be problematic for my wife and it may have to be discounted on that basis.

#131433 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

This might help Gloss Guy

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#131434 Reply
    Speedy James

Anyone know how much it would be to add leather electric memory seats please. I guess part of a pack for about £1500.

#131436 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

From Whatcar

“The Audi Q3 is practical, has plenty of tech and is decent to drive. However, the Range Rover Evoque and Volvo XC40 are both classier inside, more comfortable and, ultimately, are better all-rounders.”

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#131443 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

From Whatcar “The Audi Q3 is practical, has plenty of tech and is decent to drive. However, the Range Rover Evoque and Volvo XC40 are both classier inside, more comfortable and, ultimately, are better all-rounders.”

Thanks for posting the video Brydo. It does rather confirm that the Tiguan is noticeably bigger in the dimensions that would matter most to us. Shame it only shows boot capacity rather them dimensions, as that’s the really critical one for us due to my wife’s wheelchair. The Range Rover Evoque would be a nice addition. It nearly made it on to Motability a few years back (albeit in poverty spec only) but the decision was reversed at the very last minute (you probably remember that as I think we discussed it). I drove one years ago and wasn’t impressed with it at all, but they’ve changed it since and it does look a beauty.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 131 total)
Reply To: Audi Q3
Your information: