Audi A3

• This topic has 22 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Azzy.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #129866 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The A3 is now on the Scheme. 21 cars added saloon and sportback prices from £699

link to search here

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129867 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Fantastic this has made my day Thankyou

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#129868 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

thank you for this WMC

I wonder when will the Motability site be updated so we can see the different models? Also, Audi’s website is rubbish from a navigation point of view, I can’t even find their motability price guide/brochure.

thanks for the info again

Chris

#129869 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

It’s on now 🙂

#129872 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Nice cars but i see we get the blunt end of the stick again when it comes to engine range. Your disabled you cannot have anything over 150bhp, so its a no from me.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#129873 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I agree Stuart, why do Motability think that we shouldn’t drive anything over 150 bhp. The 40 TFSI would make a very nice car, these 1.5 L engines don’t interest me at all.

#129886 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

I like how there is a variety of specs but Audi aren’t providing much in terms of power. 150hp is pretty much what they seem to be sticking with. I have to admit there are some 150hp that do give decent push but i’ll have to pass.

Also, the new facelift does look very claustrophobic and cramped. Just looking at the squinting front headlights and tail lights puts me right off, it’s as if it’s being squashed, suffocated and I can’t even breathe looking at it. In essence I just feel sorry for it.

#129887 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

42 real mpg say what car I ont be having

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#129888 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Stuart, Elliot – I do SO agree with you. That said, though, for the “standard” A3 Audi do not seem to offer anything more interesting that the 150bhp lump. Only on the expensive, mad sport variants do you get bigger engines. The eTFSI does offer 201bhp from a hybrid. So that’s 1bhp too much for Motability.

Anyone here who does want to drive more than 150bhp will have to do what I did. Head over to Mini and get a Cooper S. Be quick, though, they’ve just brought the bhp down from 189 to 178. Still fairly bonkers for a car that size but when will they cut it down again?

#129903 Reply
    Atiq Urrehman

Can i cancel my bmw order, i really want the a3 but bmw said it’s due for delivery january

#129909 Reply
    rox
    Participant

The world we living in is not fun anymore, as the fastest ice versions get culled.

#129913 Reply
    bobscot

I find it hard to understand why there seems to be an obsession with bhp. A3 “lump” can do 60mph in around 8 secs and 144 top speed what more do you need?

#129914 Reply
    Jason

There’s alternative options if you want something with a bit more grunt and similarly stylish..

A220d

Mini Cooper

So on and so forth…

#129924 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@bobscot a 150 bhp 1.5l is ok around town but on Motorways etc it does not have the mid range grunt for overtaking safely as would a larger engine with more power, and before you say the 2.0l 150 bhp diesel I have had a Passat with this engine in the past and found it too noisy.

#129926 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Honda civic sport 1.5l turbo vtec has 182 bhp also i  think you can get the vw t-roc in the 190 tsi but options are getting limited and only gonna get worse imo..

#129927 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Honda civic sport 1.5l turbo vtec has 182 bhp also i think you can get the vw t-roc in the 190 tsi but options are getting limited and only gonna get worse imo..

Yes Rox the options are definitely getting worse and I can’t see this trend ending. I can see this next car being my last on Motability if this trend continues.

#129935 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Indeed, and the goverment report is out on MB and it says it want’s them to be leading the way with electric cars.. No more roaring engines just some high pitch whine..

#129947 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Remember its not all about 0 to 60 a more powerful engine is much nicer to drive as the delivery is a lot smoother and overtaking is also better. Im not interested in burnouts at the lights, i had the 2 litre version of this diesel in my Q3 sline quattro and i always found it under whelming and noisy especially at low to mid speeds so i will stick to my order of the Kia soul EV with it`s 201bhp thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Stuart.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Stuart.

Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#129950 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

The “obsession” with bhp is not about doing boy-racer burn-ups. Neither is it about 0-60 times. The acceleration figure just gives an indication of the real important factor which is power-to-weight ratio. High power in relation to weight makes a car smooth to drive, comfortable, quiet and safe.

#129953 Reply
    rox
    Participant

They do 2 versions of the 2.0 diesel and petrol engines and both have 150 and a 190 variants but the golf r for instance is also a 2.ol engine as is the civic type r both kicking out 300+ bhp from a 2.0l engine and deffo as tharg says power-to-weight ratio is key.. Plus how it drives, Take american muscle cars they not exactly agile and the old fiat uno turbo ie was not good around bends and they often got rolled.. Fast though back in the day with a 1.3 turbo engine and they got me started on the small engined rocket cars..well after my first car that got given to me as well. A 1.6l 1980 honda accord fastback.

#130148 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

Great looking car with fabulous spec, especially in Edition 1 guise. I can’t see motorway overtaking being an issue tbh even with ‘only’ 150bhp on tap.

#130163 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

It’s not just the power in the 2.0l 150 bhp engine that is the problem, I’ve had this engine a few times in the past and have found it a noisy unit especially at low revs. Certainly makes a premium car feel like a run of the mill one imo.

#130191 Reply
    Azzy

I have 150bhp at present in my Leon, it’s ok for everyday driving as I have no need to drive fast but when I do need to put my foot down it can feel a bit gutless.
    Engine noise has never really been an issue, I’m more concerned about road noise, in the Leon it is horrendous

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Audi A3
Your information: