AP Reduced

This topic contains 29 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Philjb 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #89549 Reply
    wheeler100
    Participant

First post so be gentle.

I ordered a Volvo XC40 T3 auto R-Design in July and the ap was £2999, and I have just noticed it has gone down to £1299. The car was originally due for delivery Sept/Oct, but the last I heard it was now the end of Nov.

Is there anything I can do to pay the new ap rather than the original?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #89553 Reply
    Winston

Absolutely there is lol

Just email your dealer telling the AP has went down to xxxx

And you’re just wanting him to confirm thats what you’re paying and by the way… Any updates with delivery date

Twice its happened to me and twice I’ve paid the lower amount, and I’m not alone here as others will no doubt add to post

If for some strange reason he doesn’t want to “be nice” to you then shop elsewhere

Thats a massive saving and unless you’re made of money, don’t pay the higher amount

#89587 Reply
    JS

Welcome Wheeler100

as Winston says definitely ask for the lower price, it doesn’t cost the dealership a penny or they do is change it on there back office system, Motability are not losing either, to lower the AP they have either gained a better discount from Volvo or the lower price reflects better residual sales. So it’s not fair you should lose out, if they umm and arr tell them your willing to cancel and look else where. That’s a lot of saving, that’s free fuel for a lot of miles or a nice holiday or if it’s your thing the best xmas ever.

#89609 Reply
    mmoreton5

Get the upgrade to the T4 Auto R Design 187 too lol

#89623 Reply
    Winston

I’m pretty amazed ( correct me if I’m wrong ) that even the top trim XC40s you need to spend 395 to get a reverse camera?

For a company that is always associated with safety I find that a bit of poor show

#89719 Reply
    wheeler100
    Participant

I emailed the dealer last night and his response was ‘I will speak with Motability and see what they say. It’s not us that governs the prices it’s them’.

#89727 Reply
    Winston

Don’t listen to his crap if he tries to fob you off with that old nonsense

Keep us posted

#89747 Reply
    Muhammed

Agree with Winston hes just make excuses. He will come back and say they said no. If he does say that just say you want to cancel

#89753 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

If he actually spoke to motability they would tell him to give you the lower price, if he even suggests anything else then he’s lying and just tell him you want to cancel and you’re going to order from another dealer.

#89756 Reply
    wheeler100
    Participant

When I ordered the car they wanted 1k deposit. So I am guessing that if I say I want to cancel I will lose the deposit.

#89762 Reply
    JS

You get the deposit back unless in the rarest Off cases they gave you in writing the full conditions of such deposit and it’s clearly stated the deposit is none returnable, No dealership can take Any deposit towards the AP or anything to do with Motability, Any payment they took is either towards Options/extras and-or a holding deposit so unless they gave you details term from thier dealership (nothing to do with Motability) and any conditions then they have to give you a full refund of any payments made.

If they say motability said No to a reduction as been mentioned above they are trying it on once you say “Ok I’d like to cancel” they will change their mind and make out they are doing you a one off favour and bending the rules for you, once they’ve made you feel so lucky and how privileged you are and agreed to the lower Ap (get this in Writing/Email) then they simply spend 30 seconds and change it on the back office system. How wonderful of them.

#89770 Reply
    Dave h
    1. I just emailed my dealer and asked about any chance of doing it at new AP he just got back to me he spoke to motability they have agreed to do it but they dont normally do this. £200 off tiguan  plus the £250 I got in discount  r line tech for £1949 thx very much
    #89800 Reply
    Winston

Well done Dave, if you don’t ask you dont get 👍🏻

You always get the… Oh we don’t normally do this but..

Yeah yeah 🙄

#89926 Reply
    vinnym70

Similar situation here. XC40 to be collected in a week. AP is £2799 but hasn’t been paid yet. The exact model I’ve ordered isn’t on the scheme any more but there’s now better trims for less AP. Grumble Grumble 🙂

#89959 Reply
    Philjb

How long before Volvo have such a long list of orders the Ap goes up again or certain models disappear.

#90294 Reply
    wheeler100
    Participant

Just an update.

Not heard anything from the dealer so far.

I sent Motability a mail from their website on Thursday morning, and I have not had any response from them either. Does anyone know if you get a confirmation e-mail from Motability saying they have received the mail?

#90295 Reply
    wheeler100
    Participant

Forgot to put what the paperwork says about cancelling the order.

#90306 Reply
    Philjb

I would ring motability rather then email you’ll get a quicker outcome.

As said it shouldn’t be a problem for them to offer the new AP and yes you are free to cancel right up until you enter the PIN number on collection day.

But I can’t see that needing to happen, just tell them you know that you could.

If you did have to cancel and if it’s a standard car you’ll get your deposit back no problem.
    it’s only if you ordered and paid for extras you may lose some or all.

ive had a similar experience in the past with Honda, I made the mistake of paying the AP up front. The small print said the same but after contacting motability I got my money back, so if you have any problems let motability know.

#90334 Reply
    John Schofield

Hi. I ordered a XC40 T4 R Design on June 29th. AP Was £3750 at the time and I had added a few options (winter pack, larger wheels and convenience pack). It was lowered in Q3 to £3500 and my dealer lowered my AP to the new amount. As my car has also been delayed until November and the Q4 price being reduced to £1799 the garage have allowed my to cancel the vehicle and order the T4 R Design Pro for £1999 which comes with the winter pack and larger wheels as STD. This was agreed with Motability and it is a dealership decision. Until you take delivery of your vehicle you have the right to cancel as with any contract. Good luck John

#90505 Reply
    wheeler100
    Participant

I spoke to Motability earlier, who said that the AP would remain the same.

I said that I was going to speak to the dealer to see if I could get my deposit back. I also told them even if I did not get my deposit back I would still be saving £700, which is just stupid. It’s not as if it’s a couple of hundred quid.

This is a ridiculous situation. I have not got the car but if someone orders the exact car now, they pay £1299 whilst I am stuck with paying £2999.

#90506 Reply
    wheeler100
    Participant

This is the mail I have just sent to the dealer.

I have spoken to Motability who said the AP would remain the same.

I now find myself in a ridiculous situation. If someone ordered the same spec car now, they would pay an AP of £1299, whilst I am paying £2999.

In light of this, and the fact that the delivery has been delayed, would I get my deposit back if I cancelled the order? I do not want to cancel the order, I just don’t think it’s fair that I pay £1700 more. I would cancel the order and raise another order to pay the lower AP.

#90508 Reply
    Moreton5

You shouldn’t have told the dealer motability said you would have to pay full whack still. Now they can just go along with that I guess. You could actually say you’re going to cancel and order elsewhere and they may help you

#90511 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

Agreed – don’t tell the dealer Motability agreed with them.

Dave

#90515 Reply
    Woofycoofy

Hi , I took possession of my new xc40 T4 r design auto a week before October. I am very poorly at the moment and asked if the Volvo dealer would keep the car until the end of October and also because I was a few weeks off being due the 5 year good condition bonus . He said he had to have the car registered by the end of sept and so wouldn’t hold it .He did say he would order me another one but I called  motability and they said that the model I had chosen was no longer available and that as I had ordered it I should go and get it otherwise they could charge me a cancellation fee . I also asked them if the AP would be coming down and they said they don’t know ,I did argue that surely a week before they do know or someone would and she said it didn’t matter anyway as the price we signed for is what it will be as we happily signed to lease it at the time (I was really worried about the price at the time anyway) and that I couldn’t cancel and order another one . I have lost £1533 in Ap in a week and £200 in good condition bonus and just read that I could have got £500 off with a certain garage . I was really poorly when I picked the car up , someone had stolen a part from the front which they hadn’t replaced ,it was really dirty on the outside . I did ask the dealer about the AP and he just didn’t want to know at all . Also I have used it a week and it has averaged 22.6 mpg which is terrible.I am so upset about it all ,I feel the dealer and motability have let me down and certainly havnt helped . I called motability 6 times to ask about the same model being available and the AP ,how can you make an informed decision about your finances etc if they aren’t transparent and the dealer and motability say different things ? I find it all very upsetting.I have made a complaint but got a lady who was very patronising calling me , she spoke very slowly and softly which infuriated me even more . I am in so much pain and it has made me have a relapse . Has anyone got anyone got any kind advise they could give . Thanks

#90523 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Hi , I took possession of my new xc40 T4 r design auto a week before October. I am very poorly at the moment and asked if the Volvo dealer would keep the car until the end of October and also because I was a few weeks off being due the 5 year good condition bonus . He said he had to have the car registered by the end of sept and so wouldn’t hold it .He did say he would order me another one but I called motability and they said that the model I had chosen was no longer available and that as I had ordered it I should go and get it otherwise they could charge me a cancellation fee . I also asked them if the AP would be coming down and they said they don’t know ,I did argue that surely a week before they do know or someone would and she said it didn’t matter anyway as the price we signed for is what it will be as we happily signed to lease it at the time (I was really worried about the price at the time anyway) and that I couldn’t cancel and order another one . I have lost £1533 in Ap in a week and £200 in good condition bonus and just read that I could have got £500 off with a certain garage . I was really poorly when I picked the car up , someone had stolen a part from the front which they hadn’t replaced ,it was really dirty on the outside . I did ask the dealer about the AP and he just didn’t want to know at all . Also I have used it a week and it has averaged 22.6 mpg which is terrible.I am so upset about it all ,I feel the dealer and motability have let me down and certainly havnt helped . I called motability 6 times to ask about the same model being available and the AP ,how can you make an informed decision about your finances etc if they aren’t transparent and the dealer and motability say different things ? I find it all very upsetting.I have made a complaint but got a lady who was very patronising calling me , she spoke very slowly and softly which infuriated me even more . I am in so much pain and it has made me have a relapse . Has anyone got anyone got any kind advise they could give . Thanks

I just replied to your post, but it disappeared!

Sorry to hear about your predicament Woofycoofy and that you are not well.

It appears you have fallen between a rock and a hard place.

I have never heard of Motability or a dealer charging anyone a ‘cancellation fee’. You shouldn’t pay anything to a dealer upfront in any case (unless you have ordered optional extras for which the dealer may ask for some payment in advance) but you shouldn’t have to pay anything if you cancel in advance of inputting your PIN on collection of the car.

Perhaps submit a written formal complaint about the matter to Motability, particularly about being threatened with a cancellation fee. Be as clear and precise about the matter, without being overly emotional, may bear results.

My only other thought going forward, is if the car is unsuitable in any way, you may be allowed to order a new vehicle and get back a pro-rata amount of the Advance Payment on your current vehicle. The difficulty there is if you want exactly the same model of vehicle. Also, it may take a few months to arrive whilst your pro-rata amount decreases. However it could be worth looking into.

Hopefully some of the other regulars here may come up with something else.

Dave

#90526 Reply
    Philjb

Woofy

you could argue the car doesn’t suit you due to your current health, effecting your finances, I’d leave the running costs out for now as they can say you should have done your homework on mpg before ordering.

Motability only charge a possible maximum of £250, but are likely to wave that if you make it clear your financial situation  and you can change I believe three times in 7 years? From memory which is a bit hit and miss.

when your feeling up to it order another car, With the lower AP.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: AP Reduced

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: