A Xmas bonus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #131100 Reply
    Brydo

Contacted motability tonight to ask them to organise moving our personalised number plates to the new car. The chap was brilliant took all the details over the phone and filled in the forms online. I gave him my debit card details and he made the payment, sorted

The good news is that our new car comes on the 23rd December but the really good news is our five year lease is up on the 22nd so, assuming the car is still in good nik, we should receive a £900 good condition bonus.

The chap went on to say that if there is no brexit deal the number of cars on the scheme will be reduced so they are hoping a deal is sorted soon.

I spoke about EVs and the high price of most of them, he said they were looking at this in detail and members will be getting loads of info on the subject together with what they are doing to address the problem.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #131101 Reply
    Martinod

That’s really good , so five years is £900 does the car need to be perfect cause iv got scratches on the top of the bumpers my car lease was 5 years past in October

#131104 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

No Martinod as long as its decent it will be fine, remember your not taking back a new car, its five years old so fair wear and tear is acceptable.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#131143 Reply
    joss

what car are you getting Brydo?

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#131174 Reply
    Brydo

Joss Mrs brydo chose a white xc40 B4 auto inscription pro, very nice looking car. Will post some photos when we get it.

#131195 Reply
    joss

Very good choice tell Mrs Brydo. Looking forward to see the pic of the volvo

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#131196 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

With Blonde leather, forgot to mention that lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#131216 Reply
    joss

Very nice indeed Brydo

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#131228 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

With Blonde leather, forgot to mention that lol.

snap Brydo black though, blonde leather.

#131230 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Interior

#131231 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Interior

Oh that was meant to be a gif of the colours available, didn’t work sorry lol

#131234 Reply
    Brydo

ajn let me translate ……….. cream 😂

#131235 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

I’ve ordered a glazier silver t3 inscription pro with blonde interior for March next year, had one for the day to make sure, enjoy.

#131239 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Interior

ajn let me translate ……….. cream 😂

lol meant to look like this Brydo sorry, technical difficulties 😁

#131240 Reply
    Brydo

Thanks ajn, looks cracking.

#131249 Reply
    paul chapman

Hi Brydo,

My name is Paul, I’m new to this.  I understand your wife ordered a Volvo XC40 Inscription Pro in White with Blonde interior, I must say a very good choice, my wife collected our one back in October, and we’ve found it a lot better than our previous car which was a Mercedes GLA 200D 4matic.

Our car is in the Demin Blue with Blonde interior.

Again, well done on your chose of new vehicle, I hope you have many years of happy driving.

Regards

Paul

#131250 Reply
    Martinod

I would love blond (sorry cream) interior but I would never get it always get dark easier to keep clean I think the blond would get dirty very easily especially the cream carpet .

#131253 Reply
    Brydo

Martino’s we’ve had cream leather in our xc60 for five years with no problems…………. Its now black leather now though lol.

But seriously no problems with the cream leather, cleans up a treat and I don’t think the carpets are blonde I think they are black as they are black in our current car.

#131256 Reply
    Brydo

Thanks Paul and welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your car, great choice.

We have had an xc60 for the past five years and would be happy to keep it even longer. So we’re hoping the xc40 is as good.

#131257 Reply
    paul chapman

Hi Brydo,

Paul, here again.  I forgot to mention I have the “intellisafe” package fitted to my car it’s worth the additional cost; it’s NOT the “intellisafe pro” pack, which includes the self drive feature or the adaptive cruise control but it does include everything else.

Regards

Paul

#131265 Reply
    Brydo

Paul I am your stereotypical tight Scot so no chance of me getting it. I nearly had a heart attack when the wife picked white with a £275 additional cost.

#131267 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

ive had cream/white/blonde interior in my countryman since march and its no problem still looks great.but then i dont have any ankle biters/rugrats to cause problems.

#131273 Reply
    Brydo

Looks great mitch I think light colored seats makes the inside appear bigger.

#131275 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Hi Brydo, My name is Paul, I’m new to this. I understand your wife ordered a Volvo XC40 Inscription Pro in White with Blonde interior, I must say a very good choice, my wife collected our one back in October, and we’ve found it a lot better than our previous car which was a Mercedes GLA 200D 4matic. Our car is in the Demin Blue with Blonde interior. Again, well done on your chose of new vehicle, I hope you have many years of happy driving. Regards Paul

Sorry Paul I owe you a welcome too..

#131279 Reply
    Brydo

On the subject of personalised number plates anyone considering purchasing them should be aware of the ongoing cost of keeping them. The purchase cost can be relatively cheap £200+, depending what you go for but if they are not registered to a car you pay retention every year, £50 the last time I did it. Then just like I am doing, to move it onto another car costs £80 and I have just paid £40 to get the original plates refitted to our car before they are fitted to our new car.

#131282 Reply
    Martinod

I always wanted one , but I now think they are a wast of money with what you get and the on going expensive

you now can buy private reg and it doesn’t really look like a private reg unless you obviously get one for thousand of pounds again a a lot of money for nothing

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: A Xmas bonus
Your information: