2022 refresh for Ford Focus

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by shade.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #166690 Reply
    Warkman

The Ford Focus has been given a major mid-life facelift to keep pace with rivals such as the Volkswagen Golf. Changes include a styling overhaul, new powertrain options and upgraded infotainment.

The new design for the family hatch echoes the recent revamp of the Fiesta, with an emphasis on reworking the front of the car. As with the Fiesta, the Ford badge has been moved from the Focus’s bonnet lip down onto the enlarged grille. LED headlights are now standard on all Focus variants and have the foglights built into them, and a darkened rear light effect includes a new “loop light” pattern.

The redesign encompasses separate styling details for Titanium, ST-Line, Active and performance-focused ST versions, including individual grille and fascia designs. ST-Line models feature side skirts and a rear diffuser and spoiler, while the rugged Active trim has SUV-inspired design tweaks such as additional lower body cladding and larger side vents.

full write up and pictures

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/major-update-2022-ford-focus-brings-infotainment-overhaul

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166700 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

You will need arms as long as an orangutans to touch the “home” button on the infotainment screen.

Cheers for the link.

#166702 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I said it for VW, i’ll say it again.

Whoever thought that touchscreen controls for the climate are “the way to go” needs to be exiled, never to be seen again. Gulag, maybe.

I do like the interior, apart from this.

Looks too dated.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#166706 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I do agree, Rene. Dangerous lack of buttons and knobs. Nice looking thing, though, albeit a bit fussy at the front with intakes and airdams trying to look all macho. Love the ST mad green colour.

#166725 Reply
    Warkman

It seems designers have come from the same university as Haptic Touch controls are appearing on many cars.

I hope it has speech control, yiu can change temps that way instead

#172878 Reply
    Kenneth Mccallum

hi anyone know when Ford Focus 2022 is going back on motability

#174393 Reply
    shade

from Q2 2022 the ford focus will be back on the mobility scheme. Yes agree with the automatic gear leaver this will be on the petrol version 7 speed auto and the diesel 1.5 will be still be the rotary 8 speed .

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: 2022 refresh for Ford Focus
Your information: