WMC Forum Asks Motability

This topic contains 21 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  JS 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110229 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

With the unforeseen circumstances we find ourselves in, aside from the coronavirus thread and the questions and answers thread that answer the day to day concerns, we have decided to start this Thread with the intent of compiling questions as a Forum to ask Motability.

We will raise a list of questions Directly With Motability. Motability have a Q&A (https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme-news/updates-from-the-motability-scheme-regarding-covid-19-coronavirus) that cover most bases and are doing constant updates but are there other concerns that need addressing?

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110234 Reply

JS

A key one would be

Will we see any refund in payments due to vehicles not being used!

In most cases they will recoupe the money in residual sales due to lower mileage cars

#110238 Reply

TheSUVGuy

Don’t see them giving money back lease wise, what I could see them doing is maybe giving us £100 extra off only if you order a new car

#110261 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

I would like to ask as to why AP’s are rising when new cars are currently being discounted heavily.

#110267 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

From the linked Motability article WMC posted above:

What will happen with my Good Condition Bonus?

We are planning to pay the Good Condition Bonus on the original lease end date for your car. However, please bear with us as we work to make this process possible remotely. This may mean that your cheque may take a little longer than it otherwise would. Please do not contact us, unless it is at least two months after your Good Condition Bonus was due and you have still not received your cheque.

Which is very laudible, paying the GCB at normal lease end, rather than the extended by six months lease end.

However, under the current Coronavirus regime would it not be better to pay any payments due to customer (GCB etc) by direct payment transfer into the customer’s bank account? Motability could send the customer a letter with a form to return or the customer can complete a web form for example with their bank details.

If the customer receives a cheque it generally means they have to go to a bank of PO to pay it in. It rather defeats the ‘stay ay home’ policy, particularly as a lot of banks are chopping their opening hours and asking for essential trips to the bank only.

Dave

#110268 Reply

bryndjns
    Participant

Not sure if it applies to all banks, but Lloyds allow you to pay checks in online if you have online banking.

#110269 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

The minimum GCB of £600 is above the threshold allowed for paying cheques in online, I had mine a couple of months ago and got to the submit stage when it bounced me back and said the amount was over the limit and to pay it in over the counter.

#110270 Reply

bryndjns
    Participant

Under normal circumstances….. but with rules being altered etc, it’s likely they will let it rolll for the short term. Worth a phone call?

#110272 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

The OH works for one of the major financial institutions (she won’t let me say the name) and as up to yesterday evening this had been mentioned on a memo but not being implemented as it stands, as everything it will probably be looked at again in the near future.

#110273 Reply

72 dudes

We changed cars on March 10th and were offered the option of a bank transfer for the GCB. This  was before the current shenanigans and must the way to go for the majority of customers.

#110284 Reply

Philjb

I’d like to ask what we do about batteries running flat it’s bound to happen. For those of us told to stay indoors for 12 weeks and not see family or friends.

#110285 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I am a little confused, I have already ordered a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, I have been given a chassis no, my current lease ends 30th May.

I have already submitted all the paperwork through Podpoint for the £500 grant, this come with some ordering conditions. I have already paid Podpoint £290 upfront

Here is my confusion are Motability 6 month extensions to the  lease, does this mean I not eligible to change my until 30th November, if this is the case I will breach the term of my EC Home charger grant ?

The other question the Outlander is due to replaced mid way through the year ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#110287 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I’d like to ask what we do about batteries running flat it’s bound to happen. For those of us told to stay indoors for 12 weeks and not see family or friends.

A modern car should be okay if only 12 weeks. If you want to make sure the battery will be fine a solar powered trickle charger would be my recommendation.

#110290 Reply

Unclebob
    Participant

A key one would be Will we see any refund in payments due to vehicles not being used! In most cases they will recoupe the money in residual sales due to lower mileage cars

I was asking the same question to my wife yesterday , we are now doing self isolation, so my disabled son will not be using his WAV for 12 week ?

#110291 Reply

roly
    Participant

I was asking the same question to my wife yesterday , we are now doing self isolation, so my disabled son will not be using his WAV for 12 week ?

Sure, but you could argue that the mobility component of DLA/PIP is also not required while people are at home self-isolating. It is, after all, designed to help with the costs of being mobile.

#110300 Reply

Philjb

@wmcforum not possible for me and I have to self isolate and stay indoors for 12 weeks, plus I don’t own such a thing as I’ve never needed one.

Ive never owned a modern car that would go 12 weeks or anything like that without a flat battery.

The answer then is ring the RAC if needed for a new battery.

Ive got a feeling there may be quite a few needing them.

@roly that’s true you can’t have it both ways plus for some there nominated driver could still use it to collect meds and shopping.

#110301 Reply

Unclebob
    Participant

Yes there are two sides to every coin 🙁

#110310 Reply

TomThumb
    Participant

I’m eligible to place my new car order from the 29th March, the only thing left to complete was the dealership placing the order on to the motability system before the month end.
    The dealer had already placed the factory order & I have there order form with the Q1 AP listed. I’m guessing the negotiated Vs the revised AP’s will only be answered when all things will be back to business as usual.

The forum input on my other concern is interesting tho.

Our daughter is a long term user of the scheme, but recently the wife’s health has deteriorated to the point of her receiving the higher rate mobility component herself, our daughter can’t drive & the wife is now unable to drive. So now it’s only myself driving we only need the one car.

Most times the car is used in accordance with motability for the benefit of the daughter, but with the now increasing hospital appointments & less so other car journeys for the wife, the car is now benefiting both of them.

On paper, I see it as bending the rules just a little bit, I just hope that motability   see it that way to.

Tom…

#110320 Reply

JS

@tomthumb

its a good point as when my late Father was alive both himself and my mother were eligible for the scheme but only needed one vehicle,which at times would clash with the rules of use.

may be the Question to add to our list to ask Motability could be.

Are there any plans to introduce Joint Applications ?.

#110324 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

What would be simpler than deducting the GCB from the AP when collecting the car under the condition that you repay the GCB should the car be found to be wrecked as you can’t run away and hide can you and should you not have to pay an AP, send the cheque or transfer the money.

God knows transfers are so easy theses day as more often than not I have to transfer the odd tenner or two to the grand-kids account because there skint and can’t make payday.😁

#110325 Reply

brydo

Could motability be asked if James can have a well earned rest over the coming weeks …………… and months?

#110328 Reply

JS

Maybe not worded that way Brydo but “is there any plans to improve the unfit for purpose Car Search”  is a fair one.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: WMC Forum Asks Motability

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: