What happens to the £750 AP paid to dealer if you cancel at any time?

• Creator
    Topic
    Buzz
    Participant

If you order a car and the dealer automatically puts the £750 mobility offer towards the cars AP; what happens to the £750 if you cancel at any time?

Does the £750 go back to mobility and released again when you choose another car?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Does the £750 go back to mobility and released again when you choose another car?

I doubt Motability will actually give it to the dealer in the first place, rather the dealer is able to discount the AP minus £750 if the customer requests and Motability sorts it from there. Therefore should you cancel, it is applied to the new vehicle.

Buzz
        Participant

I doubt Motability will actually give it to the dealer in the first place, rather the dealer is able to discount the AP minus £750 if the customer requests and Motability sorts it from there. Therefore should you cancel, it is applied to the new vehicle.

Ah right, yes that makes sense, thanks. I wasn’t quite sure when motability released the money to the dealer. Thinking about it, I suppose motability will want to hold onto it until after the pin number is entered. That makes it easier for people like me who have a very long waiting time on order but can change it if a suitable stock offer becomes available quicker.

Olpk
          Participant

It doesn’t get paid for the car until you collect it. It’s only applied to your account so you know what your expected bill is going to be.

If you cancel and change it just moves to your new car.

I cancelled a car in September and went straight to a different dealer and placed a new order and it was applied on the new order straight away.

Buzz
            Participant

It doesn’t get paid for the car until you collect it. It’s only applied to your account so you know what your expected bill is going to be. If you cancel and change it just moves to your new car. I cancelled a car in September and went straight to a different dealer and placed a new order and it was applied on the new order straight away.

Thanks for the info Olpk, that’s good to know. I ordered in September but it will take at least a year for a Tiguan to be delivered. Since then you can get the Seat Tarraco, Volvo xc40 on motability and my choice hopefully the stock Skoda Kodiaq in December.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.