VW Tiguan Update

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Beau 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #113973 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Bit of info for those with a Tiguan on order.

My R-Line Tech was originally due for delivery early-mid May (build week 14/15), the VW online tracker is apparently pretty useless with mine and others still saying Stage 3 (build week confirmed) with no updates from early March.  Others have reported that their cars showing Stage 3 are actually built and at Emden docks waiting to be shipped to the UK.

Spoke to VW UK, no help at all, spoke to dealer (JCT600 Wakefield) and more helpful but same story, tracking says Stage 3, no info coming from VW to say otherwise.  Best estimate they can give me is hopefully sometime in July.

My current Yeti PCP lease expires June 27th so it looks like I’ll have to extend the lease for at least a month, I’ll get a quote from VW Finance and see what they say.

A bit disappointing but there’s worse things happening in the world to worry about! 🙂

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #113991 Reply

Belfast4

Delete the app and reinstall, it will then update if there is an update for your car.

#114000 Reply

John

I had to wait for 4 months for my Tiguan SEL 4wheel drive two years ago it was ordered in January 2018 for delivery in March 2018, it was June 2018 before the car was delivered.

I have not had any problems with the car except for the Sat Nav, since it was updated last year by the VW dealer, the sat nat seems to think that the speed limit on dual carriageways is 60mph and not 70mph, if I go up on the A1 dual carriageway sections, the sat nav keeps bleeping telling me I am going too fast at 70mph.

The auto gearbox is absolutely brilliant, and If you put it into the sport mode, the acceleration is stunning with the 180 hp diesel engine.

#114008 Reply

Mo1
    Participant

Bit of info for those with a Tiguan on order. My R-Line Tech was originally due for delivery early-mid May (build week 14/15), the VW online tracker is apparently pretty useless with mine and others still saying Stage 3 (build week confirmed) with no updates from early March. Others have reported that their cars showing Stage 3 are actually built and at Emden docks waiting to be shipped to the UK. Spoke to VW UK, no help at all, spoke to dealer (JCT600 Wakefield) and more helpful but same story, tracking says Stage 3, no info coming from VW to say otherwise. Best estimate they can give me is hopefully sometime in July. My current Yeti PCP lease expires June 27th so it looks like I’ll have to extend the lease for at least a month, I’ll get a quote from VW Finance and see what they say. A bit disappointing but there’s worse things happening in the world to worry about! 🙂

Thanks! Really useful as I’m waiting on a Tiguan and had a date very close to yours so looks like July….

#114009 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

I use the tracker on my PC but I also have the app on my mobile, I’ve removed and re-installed it a few times, makes no difference in my case.

#114066 Reply

Mo1
    Participant

@phaedra

If you don’t mind me asking what spec/model did you go for and what AP?

Do you think price will go down once new pricelist is released?

#114091 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

R-Line Tech, 2.0 Diesel 150, 2wd manual.  AP was £1149 as JCT600 were offering £600 off for cars ordered before March 31st.

Motability quarterly prices can be very unpredictable, different manufacturers do different things.  At the moment I have no idea which way things will go.

#114093 Reply

Mo1
    Participant

Same as mine but I need the auto so AP was £1749…

Good point Phaedra, I just thought with the new Tiguain on the horizon, I expect prices to drop on this model.

#114115 Reply

des

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m also hoping prices drop due to model.</p>
    Mo1 is that auto price including the gcb?

#114125 Reply

Mo1
    Participant

It’s £600 off the AP – a special offer JCT600 were running earlier this year. I think there’s a whole thread on the subject somewhere. It’s expired now but I’m sure there’ll be some offers soon once everything reopens.

#114134 Reply

Tommy

<p style=”text-align: left;”>They’re open tomorrow so you can ring and ask them</p>

#114135 Reply

Des

Cheers folks. Seen the thread but I’m in Northern Ireland so no go.

#114358 Reply

Mo1
    Participant

Doesn’t look like the price has changed which is positive I guess as most have gone up. Would have been worse if price dropped by a substantial amount.

#114485 Reply

File28

Are the discounts still available as per pre covid

I cant remember the dealerships but one was in mewark and one in wakefield

We are due to order soon and cant get local vw dealers to offer anything

#114486 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

I’m not sure, the original offer was for cars ordered and registered before March 31st.  Now while a lot of us ordered in time I don’t think anyone was able to collect and register one due to lock down.

There’s nothing currently listed for VW that I can see on another website, if you scroll down you’ll see the offer from JCT600 is still on there as well.  I ordered mine from Wakefield as my local (Durham) VW dealer is absolute pants!.

#114490 Reply

File28

Thanks for the info

#114606 Reply

TomThumb
    Participant

@phaedra  From what I recall, my Tiguan order was placed with the dealer about 2 weeks later than yours on March 11th. so I’m using your order as my benchmark:)

After enquiring with my dealer  what the lead time / expected delivery date is now, they finally got back to me this morning & there answer is that they still haven’t got a clue.

But they did state that they are currently rolling on build week 14 with production at 1/2 capacity & are slowly catching up on the shipping backlog at Emden, so hopefully you might get an updated notification on the app soon.

Tom…

#114607 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Thanks Tom 🙂

It looks like I’ll have to extend my Yeti lease for a month, my dealer reckons there’s no chance of getting it this month.  I’ll let you know if I get any further update.

#114610 Reply

TomThumb
    Participant

Yes do keep us updated.

My dealer also mentioned that the VW database they use has not been updated for a while, (how long is a while? Lol) so it’s no wonder that the dealers are as much in the dark as anyone.

Tom…

#114613 Reply

Beau

And to add too the delays, there is now a strike at Sheerness port by the unloading staff hence no car carrying ships can dock.

Planned strikes will disrupt the next three months of operations says union.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: VW Tiguan Update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: