Volvo XC40 PHEV

• Creator
    Topic
  • #144619 Reply
    Ianfca

Just as I think I have decided on a vehicle another spanner has been put in the works. Contacted a Volvo dealer today regarding an Inscription Pro recharge to get a figure to include some options, and also to ask if there was any discount to be had. I was told that the 22 model year is due out shortly and that the only 21 model year vehicles have to be stock items. I was told they would process an order but the AP would be subject to change due to factory orders being 22 MY and they have no idea what the AP would be, or even if it would still be on the scheme. Obviously cannot risk this as the AP could easily return to the AP’s of last Q eg an extra £2000 or even have been withdrawn from the scheme before I took delivery. Will have to contact Motability tomorrow to see if they know anything. I will keep you posted.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #144622 Reply
    Tim

Very interesting! I was considering a recharge myself. Explains why the AP has dropped by thousands, I was hoping it was due to it being over the top in the first place.

#144623 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Pleased do keep us informed Ianfca.  The Volvo is a strong contender for our next car.  I’ve heard Android Automotive is due to replace the Volvo infotainment system.

#144625 Reply
    Tim

What happens if for example Volvo take the order for the 21 model, 22 model is only available and motability don’t add it to the scheme by time of delivery. Would they allow it to go through at 21 pricing?

I do hope we get android auto by default, I’m a CarPlay user myself so hopefully that will be included by default too. £300 for the privilege is a tad outdated in 2021.

#144626 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Not Android Auto, Tim. Android Automotive, which is a new car operating system developed with Volvo.

#144631 Reply
    Paul

I enquired for same vehicle with brindley volvo ,i was told similar around a 100 in stock.The new xc40 coupe design is released 2022 and most certainly will be higher AP then it is now,thats even if it is released on scheme on release.

#144640 Reply
    Tim

Ah I see, wigwam. Do you know if by virtue of it being android if support for auto will be included by default?

#144641 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The AP quoted by Motability doesn’t expressly state the model year, so I would have thought that you should be able to order now and if you get the next model year then so be it. I would question this with Motability tomorrow or try another Volvo dealer. I think I smell dealer BS. It’s standard Motability practice that you pay the AP applicable at the time you order. If it shoots back up £2k by the time you get the car you wouldn’t have to pay it anyway.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Glos Guy.
    #144644 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Tim, this:

Android Automotive is an operating system and platform running directly on the in-vehicle hardware. It is a full-stack, open source, highly customizable platform powering the infotainment experience. Android Automotive supports apps built for Android as well as those built for Android Auto

#144654 Reply
    Tim

👍

#144696 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

No cause for alarm!

I have just spoken to Motability. They know nothing about any interruption to supply of the XC40 or any changes to the models or their offerings.  They would have established with Volvo that orders could be met before offering the car on the scheme for this quarter.  If something unexpected did crop up it would disappear from the scheme but nothing suggests that might happen.

#144697 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

No cause for alarm! I have just spoken to Motability. They know nothing about any interruption to supply of the XC40 or any changes to the models or their offerings. They would have established with Volvo that orders could be met before offering the car on the scheme for this quarter. If something unexpected did crop up it would disappear from the scheme but nothing suggests that might happen.

As I thought. Ianfca should be able to order a new XC40 PHEV at the currently advertised AP and it makes no difference whether the car ends up being a 2021 or 2022 model year. Typical dealer BS which does nothing but confuse and misinform.

#144701 Reply
    Ianfca

Thanks Wigwam and Glos Guy. You got further than me, I spoke to someone at Motability and I was told that he was unsure as to whether the AP would go up. His only suggestion to me was that I should try another dealership.

#144703 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thanks Wigwam and Glos Guy. You got further than me, I spoke to someone at Motability and I was told that he was unsure as to whether the AP would go up. His only suggestion to me was that I should try another dealership.

Hi Ianfca. There are two very separate issues here. Both the dealer and Motability are correct that AP’s may change each quarter and that neither of them know when or by how much. However, the policy when ordering a Motability car is that you pay the AP that applies on the day you order. It doesn’t matter what happens between then and delivery.

To give you a live example, I ordered a new BMW X1 last week at an AP of £2,749. The dealer is telling me that X1 orders are taking up to 6 months. It is therefore possible that I may end up with a 2022 Model Year if it takes that long. There are two more Motability quarter price changes between now and then, so the AP is highly likely to have changed by the time I take delivery. It may be less or it may be more. It doesn’t make any difference, I will pay £2,749 regardless of when the car comes and whether it’s a 2021 or 2022 model year.

So, if you really want an XC40 PHEV at the current AP (which, I agree, is very good and unlikely to get lower, but could well go up again) then any Volvo dealer should take a confirmed order for you at the currently advertised AP price. Regardless of when you take delivery, whether it’s a 2021 MY or 2022 MY, or whatever the AP is at the time, you will pay the AP applicable on the day you order. The key issue is that the dealer is giving you completely inaccurate information by saying that the AP may be different. It won’t. There is no uncertainty about that whatsoever. It is a clear Motability policy. Hope that helps.

#144704 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Well said, Glos Guy.

The dealer may have been confused by the newly announced C40, being a new all electric car sharing the XC40 front end and expected in September.   Not on Motability though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_C40

#144705 Reply
    Tim

So no MY2022 xc40 after all?

#144706 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Yes, the XC40 has a few years left in it in its current form.  2022 may bring a mid-live refresh but the car’s not going away.

#144711 Reply
    James Manning

Hello all, I can’t find the current price for the xc40 anywhere, can anyone help?

#144713 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Hello all, I can’t find the current price for the xc40 anywhere, can anyone help?

https://www.motability.co.uk/products/search/cars/?subType=1&isCarSearchLight=1&originalTotalRows=18&allowance_type=PIP&web_rangemake=Volvo&web_model=XC40&Find=

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#144729 Reply
    Vaun Earl Norman

Hi, I’ve read extensively on this model, due to it being on my shortlist. And in particular the “model year 2022” thing.

from what I’ve garnered from motoring press, and I appreciate that these do conflict somewhat

1. One source said the xc40 will be electric only in 2022 (not sure they’ve got confused with the C40 or it is a typo or whether it is true!) if it is true then this might explain some confusion from the dealer.

2. Another source said The 2022 XC40 May get changes like the face lifted xc60, which is mainly infotainment and safety equipment (basically changes in what’s standard spec and what is optional)

3. Anything in between, like many have said, if you order with a motability pass code as you’re entitled to do when the time is right then the company should honour it. Unless of course it is taken off the market.

I have a call later today with my local Volvo dealer so will update this post with anything they say.

#144730 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It will be interesting to hear what your dealer says..

There’s already a pure electric XC40, so there’s no reason Volvo would not keep offering the hybrid alternative. In September it will be three years since the model was launched so that may be the opportunity for a facelift with tweeks around the edges and a bit of minor restyling, to match the new C40.  That would almost certainly include updating the infotainment system to the new Android setup already in the electric version.  That’s my best guess…

#144731 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Edit: in September it will be four years since launch.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Volvo XC40 PHEV
Your information: