Volvo removed from Scheme

• Creator
    Topic
    billy786
    Participant

Heads up everyone, volvo cars have been removed off the scheme. I have heard it’s due to too much demand and not enough supply

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Kye
      Participant

I received a phone call from Volvo Chester this morning. Although I had test-driven a few of their cars a couple of weeks ago, they have been constantly contacting me. I informed the caller that I wasn’t interested for the third time and Mobility had removed their cars from the scheme, but he claimed that they were still available in their system. I requested him to double-check and get back to me. Nothing yet, six hours later!

ejh
        Participant

Heard this yesterday, ordered my ex30 just under 4 weeks ago, emailed dealer yesterday afternoon to ask what the situation is and if my order has gone through…….no response! Apparently all will hear what their order situation is by this Friday? Fingers crossed …….

Ellyr5
          Participant

Heard this yesterday, ordered my ex30 just under 4 weeks ago, emailed dealer yesterday afternoon to ask what the situation is and if my order has gone through…….no response! Apparently all will hear what their order situation is by this Friday? Fingers crossed …….

I hope you hear back soon.
            Where did you hear that news about hearing about our orders on Friday please? Fingers crossed indeed!

ejh
            Participant

On this forum , see below,

Ok guys so I’ve just got off the phone with my dealer (Preston)

He read out a statement to me from Volvo head office regarding MB

As of Tomorrow (Wednesday 17th April) close of business ALL Volvo models are being removed from MB so they can catch up with all orders

As of Friday 19th April all MB customers will be notified of their order whereabouts and delivery date.
              Volvo dealers WILL have this information guaranteed

So one way or another where are cars are we will know Friday.

He has assured me I will have my car by early May latest.

And Volvo has admitted it’s made a huge mess.

DumfriesDik
              Participant

I wondered where the head of VW planning went, seems he went to Volvo then!!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Participant

I wondered where the head of VW planning went, seems he went to Volvo then!!

I think this is affecting most car manufacturers who have changed their UK operation to an agency model. Pretty sure VW are an agency model business in the UK now.

Everything controlled by their UK head office and basically all the dealer network does is take orders and hand over cars when they arrive. My experience with Volvo so far over the past 4 1/2 months is the dealers haven’t got a Scooby Doo if cars are “actually” ordered, built or whether they are in their country of origin, on a boat or in holding yards in the UK or in transport to the dealership. It’s a really, really poor customer experience so far that’s for sure!

Any CEO who seriously thought this way of operating a business would be an improvement should consider laying off the cr*ck pipe! ?

DumfriesDik
                  Participant

I think you are right @UncJ, I had an 18 month wait and no feedback/communication until a week before delivery for my ID3. Shocking customer care.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

MRL
                    Participant

Volvo’s action of removing themselves from Motability (even on a temp basis) in order to catch up with their delivery backlog means that able bodied customers are being prioritised over disabled customers. Is this even legal? Surely this is in contravention with the Disability Discrimination Act.
                      I suggest that all prospective Volvo customers should consider getting advice from Motability about the legality of Volvo’s decision which treats MB’s customers with contempt and then contact some or all of the following:

1. Your MP

2. BBC News/Daytime Live/Rip Off Britain (highlighting Volvo’s discrimination against its disabled customers)

3. Citizens Advice asking them how you can take legal action against Volvo.

Volvo can’t be allowed to get away with this. The custom of disabled people can’t be regarded as an optional extra to accept only when things are going well at the company. That must be illegal.

Fastbike1000
                      Participant

Volvo’s action of removing themselves from Motability (even on a temp basis) in order to catch up with their delivery backlog means that able bodied customers are being prioritised over disabled customers. Is this even legal? Surely this is in contravention with the Disability Discrimination Act. I suggest that all prospective Volvo customers should consider getting advice from Motability about the legality of Volvo’s decision which treats MB’s customers with contempt and then contact some or all of the following: 1. Your MP 2. BBC News/Daytime Live/Rip Off Britain (highlighting Volvo’s discrimination against its disabled customers) 3. Citizens Advice asking them how you can take legal action against Volvo. Volvo can’t be allowed to get away with this. The custom of disabled people can’t be regarded as an optional extra to accept only when things are going well at the company. That must be illegal.

as I understand it is that Motability are the customers of Volvo or any other brand not us, we are a third party ie we are a customer of Motability . If you were a private disabled customer and Volvo built cars in favour of non disabled customers then that is discrimination.

Collie
                        Participant

Our contract is with Motability, not the dealer or manufacturer. There will be an agreement between Motability and the manufacturers regarding them removing themselves or being removed from the scheme. It May also be the case that other leasing companies are experiencing difficulties with Volvo therefore the fact that we are disabled customers would be irrelevant.

Participant

Our contract is with Motability, not the dealer or manufacturer. There will be an agreement between Motability and the manufacturers regarding them removing themselves or being removed from the scheme. It May also be the case that other leasing companies are experiencing difficulties with Volvo therefore the fact that we are disabled customers would be irrelevant.

Exactly this.

It’s not as though Motability won’t be aware of this either. From my understanding from what a Volvo dealer said to an MB customer on the other Volvo XC40 thread it was MB that removed Volvo from the scheme because of the problems & not the other way around.

Volvo IMHO, just like Mercedes, have shot themselves in the foot with their insistence of taking their business model away from the traditional dealership way of supplying cars and down the agency D2C (direct to customer) route. It’s not worked, it has failed spectacularly with countless senior management changes over the months yet they still continue at 100mph down this dead end road!

kezo
                            Participant

Volvo are still having ongoing problems that stem from a previous reported issue at the beginning of the year. There are ongoing congestion delays with port operations at Bristol, which is limiting the number of cars that can be released from Zeebrugge. Ontop of this Volvo is facing already long lead times are also posing an issue for Volvo. The issues are also affecting fleet companies!

Zero1
                              Participant

I spoke to Motability about this the other day. The advisor I spoke to stated that it was Motability’s decision to suspend Volvo cars from the scheme until the backlog of orders has been fulfilled. They also confirmed Volvo would then return to the scheme.  Whilst I agree that the move seems unfair to Motability customers, I’m told it wasn’t Volvo’s decision.

Participant

Volvo are now back on MB…. With a hefty £3499 AP though!!! Ouch 😩

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.