Volvo discounts

• Creator
    Topic
  • #147261 Reply
    James

Has anyone had any luck with Volvo discounts, I’m wanting the T5 recharge r design pro but another £3000 worth of extras on top.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #147266 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That’s a lot of extras James. What are you after?  I’m also looking at the XC40 hybrid, but the Inscription Pro.</p>

#147267 Reply
    James

We want the climate pack, versatility pack, sun roof, park assist and towbar.

#147268 Reply
    Johno

Was offered a “price-match” offer against BMW by Volvo on a XC40 T5 Recharge R-design.  £500 towards AP, 10% off extras and half a tank of fuel.

#147270 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

That’s encouraging Johno.  Do you want to name the dealer? Or what part of the country?

#147280 Reply
    Johno

Johnsons Cars

That was to place an order in the last week of April, so may have been linked to them hitting a target.

#147281 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Thanks Johno. Did you order? We are deliberating over XC40 or X1. Hard choice

#147289 Reply
    Richard

We went out in the Volvo xc40 I found the drive quite floaty so decided on the x1 I thought it was a far better ride and we have only done 1500 miles but it is a very nice suv my only issue I can’t hear the engine so have to check the Rev counter to check its on and I’ve so far resisted the launch control for now.

#147309 Reply
    Johno

Funnily enough, we were thinking of the XC40 or X1, but were always considering going fully-electric if possible.  We are currently in an XC60.

One downside of the Volvo was the fact that you still needed to spend some serious money on optional extra’s, which really should be already included on a car of that standard.  For example keyless entry, apple carplay and inductive phone charging, add £1k just between those three!

The recent massive attention on the Hyundai Kona Ultimate (with a 300 mile real world range) piqued our interest, as the cars specification list is off the chart!  The boot is smaller, but importantly for us, the large outdoor walker fits in it with the 1/3 rear seat folded, as does the wheelchair.

So after a very enjoyable test drive, we have ordered a Kona.

#147311 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The Kona Ultimate spec does rather show up the money grubbing of the premium brands. We’re not bothered about the extras you mention on the XC40, but having to pay £1550 to get adaptive cruise control is excessive.  Kona’s too small for us, but a great offer.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Volvo discounts
Your information: