Veterans adaption grant

• Creator
    Topic
    Tabitha73
    Participant

Does anyone know if this is still an option for having to have auto transmission?

went into a dealers today and asked him to check and it’s not showing on the list of adaptions to trigger Veterans UK.  I have received it in the past, believe £660 towards AP, however there was once with a Volvo I didn’t get it as the dealer didn’t tick for adaptions.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BigDave
      Participant

Does anyone know if this is still an option for having to have auto transmission? went into a dealers today and asked him to check and it’s not showing on the list of adaptions to trigger Veterans UK. I have received it in the past, believe £660 towards AP, however there was once with a Volvo I didn’t get it as the dealer didn’t tick for adaptions.

Yes, it is still possible for veterans on WPMS to claim the Automatic Transmission Grant (plus any other needed adaption grants from Veterans_UK).

If you ring Motability Foundation (formerly Motability Grants) on 0800 500 3186 they will make arrangements with Veterans_UK for you to receive the grant.

Incidentally, if any War Pensioners do order an automatic vehicle on the scheme and have not claimed the auto transmission grant, Motability Foundation do eventually write to you on behalf Veterans_UK inviting you to claim the grant.

WayneM
        Participant

Hi Tabitha,

Yes it still goes on autos. Took delivery on 22/05/24 of new car few days later letter turned up saying l would be getting a cheque for my advance payment which was a nice surprise as l had not applied for it. Apparently Motability did it. Received cheque a few days ago.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.