UK petrol and diesel prices: ASDA, Tesco and Sainsbury’s cut petrol prices by 3p

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar ChrisK 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #87552 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

ASDA cut the price of petrol at its pumps by 3p per litre, causing Tesco and Sainsbury’s to follow suit; RAC welcomes “overdue” cuts
    Three of the ‘big four’ major supermarkets – ASDA, Tesco and Sainsbury’s – have reduced their petrol prices by 3p per litre in what experts are calling an “overdue” cut.

ASDA announced on Friday 13 September that it would be cutting petrol prices by 3p per litre at all 322 of its fuel stations with immediate effect, meaning its customers are now paying no more than 122.7p per litre nationally.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/93906/uk-petrol-and-diesel-prices-asda-tesco-and-sainsbury-s-cut-petrol

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #87554 Reply
    Tomas (Tomas)

And after the Saudi drone attacks prices are expected to rise again.

#87603 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Yes Tomas always loads of excuses for putting the price up but very few for cutting them.

No sign of any supermarkets cutting prices near me and my thoughts on the subject as always is, if there robbing us at the pumps, there robbing us on the grocery’s too.

Update before posting, just checked PetrolPrices.com and someone has reported today that my local Morrisons have cut diesel from 127.7 to 125.7 and that could be so because I passed that supermarket half an hour ago but there spanking brand new petrol price digital display can’t be read when the sun shines on it directly.

No changes at my local Asda, Tesco or Sainsbury’s what I can make of it, seeing will be believing.

#87779 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Well this lasted didn’t it?

Fuel starting to go up today so fill up and save on the price of a tank full.

A BP station manager was on BBC this morning saying his cost is going up today. The expectation was between 5-7p per/litre.

I can see £1.28 per litre for diesel in my area (best price I can see using the PetrolPrices.com app) so I expect it to be closer to £1.40 within the week.

With all this going on, I really do wonder if this drone strike was known about. Whenever a price war begins (ASDA usually starts one to be fair to them) it always comes to an end really fast due to an oil crisis.

I predict the next reduction we will see, if any, will be just before Christmas. Every year for at least three years, there has been a reduction at the festive time. To stop a revolution?

Also on BBC was the statement that 93% of goods we physically buy from a high street store is delivered by road (?) WHAT? It’s 100% as far as  I’m aware. How can goods get to a store NOT on roads? 🤔

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it🏎

#87786 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

that just goes to show how much shite is broadcast on the news these days, some researcher has just made up a figure to sound like a high number and nobody with a brain even bothered checking it, obviously all good in the shops have to go via road transport to get to the shelves(I can’t recall seeing a runway at the back of my local ASDA recently) how else would they get there?! 🤔🙄🤷‍♂️

#87806 Reply
    JS

Tesco garage today £1.31 for diesel

#87886 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

that just goes to show how much shite is broadcast on the news these days, some researcher has just made up a figure to sound like a high number and nobody with a brain even bothered checking it, obviously all good in the shops have to go via road transport to get to the shelves(I can’t recall seeing a runway at the back of my local ASDA recently) how else would they get there?! 🤔🙄🤷‍♂️

I take most news items from the Bulls*hitting Broadcasting Company with a pinch of salt these days with them only telling us what they want you to hear and leaving out the stuff you want to hear and every time it rains, shines or snow’s for more than a week it’s the end of the World panic.

Back to topic, supermarkets around home have not changed any prices despite petrol price reporting my local Morrisons have cut 2p off diesel but truth is Asda are still the cheapest here in Bristol.

I’m on a mini late Summer, early Autumn driving holiday of the English Lakes and Scottish boarders area this week and thankful having to fill the tank nearly everyday this week that Asda,Kendal are still doing diesel for £1.25 per litre because out in the wilds I seen some places charging £1.54 per litre though most were about lower thirties.

Happy motoring.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: UK petrol and diesel prices: ASDA, Tesco and Sainsbury’s cut petrol prices by 3p

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: