Top Gear

• Creator
    Topic
  • #142425 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

The new series of Top Gear started tonight for anyone that’s interested. (Catch up on iPlayer) Did anyone watch it? If so, what did you think?

I was a big fan of the bmw 323i which I thought sounded amazing.

I’ve got a lot of time for Chris Harris too. I could listen to him talking about cars all day

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #142427 Reply
    ajn

I meant to watch it DBtruth, but with it being Mother’s Day time was more focused on Mrs ajn..

As you mentioned though iPlayer, I’ve never bothered watching since the other three took over, however my Daughter finds them funny..,

Always telling me I should watch it

#142428 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

You can tell these three like each other  and I think they’ve got the show right. They’ve got real chemistry which hasn’t quite been there previously. It’s entertaining for the family but still has a bit of car stuff in too. Excellent camera shots as always from the TG crew.

They’re doing a James Bond piece next week and I’ve seen that they’ve got a Toyota 2000gt on which in my opinion is one of the best looking cars to ever appear in Bond. Really looking forward to that

#143872 Reply
    Unclebob
    Participant

This latest series has been the best for the new due, entertaining , funny yet not over childish.

Good content, great cars (G Wagon what a motor !) and wonderful locations…. what’s not to like 😎

#143874 Reply
    ajn

@Unclebob I watched and enjoyed the last one about Dads cars great stuff (emotional).

Got one to watch.
    That  green super car they had wow just wow, I think a must see..

#144604 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup – this series seems quite good. Caught a little bit of latest one and it seems to go back to the original format: i.e. blokes doing stuff about cars. Gave up with the original series, Clarkson, May etc., when they started doing their mega one-off road trips and the like. Not enough car stuff, just Jezza and the Hamster insulting foreigners.

#144611 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

Big fan of Top Gear through the good and the bad times. The current three and the show in general is as good as it has ever been in my opinion.

Just watched the Sabine Schmitz tribute which was very well done and very moving.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#144653 Reply
    ajn

just watched back to back episode 2-4 plus the Sabine  tribute.. wow just wow..

#144659 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sad to have missed the Sabine tribute. Will have to find it on demand. Aside from being a great driver and broadcaster she had a wicked sense of humour which I remember her using on Clarkson. Will be much missed.

#144718 Reply
    Unclebob
    Participant

Sabine Schmitz tribute

I watched the Sabine Schmitz tribute afterwards…she really was one in a million and enjoyed life so much🙁…RIP Sabine .

#144722 Reply
    ajn

Totally agree UncleB,

R I P  Sabine

#144726 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

it was a great tribute and richly deserved.

what a zest for life that lady had always smiling and laughing.

taken far too soon.

#169102 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

The new series started tonight. Available on iPlayer for anyone who missed it.
    Featuring some monster track cars and a fantastic tribute piece to motorcycle stunt man Eddie Kidd.

This series looks like it’s going to be good

#169119 Reply
    Unclebob
    Participant

Yes great new series ..enjoyed that .

The Eddie Kidd segment was a bit emotional, I remember as a youngster watching Eddie’s stunts on TV and seeing that final stunt on the news….all very sad.

He seemed to enjoy the show Paddy helped put of for him …many’s smiles and much laughter …god bless him .

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Top Gear
Your information: