Tiguan spec changes – MY20

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Philjb.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #87567 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

I’m hearing lots of rumours about spec changes to the R-Line Tech MY20 spec.

As someone who ordered a new one last week, can anyone tell me what the exact changes are?

VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #87569 Reply
    Macca

No idea, but a black headlining and leather as standard would be lovely thank you …..

#87570 Reply
    Macca

Making the pano roof optional would appeal too, i.e. the ability to not pay for something i would never use

#87574 Reply
    Macca

Tiguan forum says …

The changes are confirmed as follows:

• Changes for the selector lever handle for DSG SOP 28/19

• Brand logo removed from all engine covers SOP 28/19

• Introduction of visual display of radiator fan also in post-run mode after engine switch-off only for Active Info
    Display SOP 33/19

• Removal of the Absence button for Easy-Close-Light in tailgate. To now be controlled by a kick gesture SOP 33/19

• Elimination of nameplate for engine designation SOP 33/19

• Additional of VW Connect Dongle (YOI) to S and Match trims SOP 33/19

• Introduction of an R-Line Specific Sport Skin for the Active Info Display SOP 33/19

#87575 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

Nothing major then. Thanks.

VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

#87586 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Isn’t one of those changes the removal of being able to close the tailgate with the key fob or internal buttons?

#87592 Reply
    Philjb

That’s only on the allspace version and seats terraco I believe.

#87594 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Hmm, I wouldn’t be so sure, they are doing it on their other cars quoting it as a “safety feature” so why not on the rest of their cars?

#87598 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Not sure why it`s a safety hazard, on mine if you close it from inside or with the key it beeps loudly, you would have to be tone deaf not to hear it.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#87599 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Yeah, mine did that when I 1st got it as did the rear doors but I had that turned off on all but the doors closing as it did my head in.

#87613 Reply
    Philjb

I believe vw say it’s only 7 seaters it’s been disabled on. I read something about the risk of kids in the rear seats getting fingers trapped if done by remote.

To have the availability to remote close it, but to disable it is crazy if you ask me.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Tiguan spec changes – MY20
Your information: