The mystical BZ4X boot

• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by des.
  • Creator
    Topic
    des
    Participant

Third time to go and see the boot, this time to a different dealers.

1st not charged so couldn’t be opened, told if I call tomorrow the demonstrator will be there.

2nd time I call it’s still not charged and the salesman doesn’t know how to open it manually, I pulled the back seats down and couldn’t find a manual way of doing it like my Kona and the demonstrator is still not there.

It’s the first thing I look at in any car.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

I didn’t even get that far when I looked at one, I couldn’t even sit in it!.  The raised floor meant there wasn’t enough room for me to get in under the roof! (I’m 6′ 5″)  I was surprised as it’s taller than my current Ateca and the Enyaq.  Another weird one was the Nissan Arriya, nice tall car but when seated my head was hitting the roof, even with the seat right down!.

If you need a big boot the Enyaq is very good.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
        Participant
          Abercol
          Participant

….Another weird one was the Nissan Arriya, nice tall car but when seated my head was hitting the roof, even with the seat right down!. …..

I was the same in the Ariya at 5’10, due to short legs and a long body. Not quite hitting the roof but hit the sunshade every time I moved my head. It has 8″ ground clearance, would be better with 5″ clearance and 3″ lower floor. Sad to hear about the Toyota being similar, another car off the short list.

My Soul EV has acres of headroom as the battery was slung under the existing floor pan, no issues with speed bumps or curbs either.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

des
            Participant

Phaedra I’m a bit early as I can’t order until mid February but the Enyaq is top of the list, but there’s something that I really like about the BZ4X

Keezo I once had an Alfa so would not be worried about the wheels falling off lol

Abercol I’ve put up a thread with a few measurements of the bzx4. Don’t rule it out until you see them and compare with your current car.

wmcforum
              Which Mobility Car

This was posted on a new thread but belongs here:

Participant

A very dear friend of mine has the BZ4 motion had since March wheel not come off yet and I’ve been in it a few times lovely ride very quiet I’m still not keen on the looks though ! Very big boot and all mod cons etc bargain at £1200 ap with £750 discount

Participant

When fully charged it says 317 miles but we all know it doesn’t do that she says been getting around 260 miles maybe more on 3 wheels ? 👍

Pudsey
                    Participant

Last Thursday I took the plunge and ordered the BZ4X (really rolls off the tongue)😂. I am well into my 4th year with my BMW 220i active tourer, which I have absolutely loved. I fully intended to keep the car for the full 5 years, but by chance I parked next to a bz4x a few weeks back and really liked the look of it.

A couple of trips to the Toyota dealers, two test drives, and despite the fact that I have always been sceptical regarding electric cars in January I will find myself driving one! Precious metal pearlescent paint at no extra cost and the promise of 100% charge on delivery sealed the deal. Now waiting for contact re installation of home charger. What have I done?!

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Pudsey.
                      kezo
                      Participant

Keezo I once had an Alfa so would not be worried about the wheels falling off lol

😂😂

des
                        Participant

@Pudsey like you I think it’s a great looking car. I also prefer the interior over my 1st choice the Enyaq. I’ve never compared them so might do that now.

Pudsey
                          Participant

@des I also had a look at the Enyaq and just preferred the all round look and feel of the Toyota. Best wishes with your choice.

John Newton
                            Participant

I’m ordering a BZ4X in January the comfort is brilliant I liked the Enyaq its just a little firm and I!ve had three years of firm with my Mercedes which has slabs for seat cushions lol

From April 2024 Toyota BZ4X

des
                              Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Cheers Pudsey.</p>
                                John have you compared specs from the Enyaq and bz4x? Is there much of a difference?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.