The Highway Code Thread. Keep yourself up to Date on Changes to the code.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    kezo
    Participant

Dread to think how many pages the highway code is these days, compared to about 20 when I passed my test.

joss

Dread to think how many pages the highway code is these days, compared to about 20 when I passed my test.

That’s why I have posted the updates so you can go direct to them @Kezo

Joss
        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Ele
        Participant

I last looked at the HWC  (as I needed to ) in 1976 before passing my test

I assume this version is now updated to tell you in the event of a breakdown on a smart motorway that it is safer if you remain in your car and await assistance in the live lane or not to swerve when encountering one of the many potholes that may well kill you or at best knacker your tyre

If that is the case and because I know it will have been written by someone who believes smart motorways are indeed smart

I personally think I will skip this read and just continue to keep to the middle lane when having to use a Smart motorway and continue like most other people and use good old common sense

Something I have always managed to safely do

DumfriesDik
          Participant

I personally think I will skip this read

I haven’t read the links yet. BUT I bet it will be more about enforcing the hierarchy of road users. Make yourself aware of that if nothing else.

Off for a nosey now . . .

VW ID3 Max is my DD

DumfriesDik
            Participant

manual wheelchair (called a Class 1 invalid carriage)

Hahaha, so Victorian!! Well chaps, I’m going to jump into my invalid carriage and get some breakfast, later!!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

blackj
              Participant

Always  remember the highway code is not the law.

solent60
                Participant

I personally think I will skip this read and just continue to keep to the middle lane when having to use a Smart motorway and continue like most other people and use good old common sense Something I have always managed to safely do

Well, with any luck, you’ll be pulled over by the police soon & asked why you aren’t using the empty Lane 1 of the motorway – and then issued with a £100 fine and 3 penalty points. I suggest you do go and read the Highway Code and stop being both ignorant & selfish. It has been illegal since 2013 to hog the middle lane. The police have the powers to issue 3 penalty points & a £100 fine for doing so. And rightfully so!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.