Strange vaccination side effects.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #143391 Reply
    brydo

I received my covid jab four weeks ago and for some reason I have had two separate “cold sore” events. I have not had a cold sore for many many years so this seems more than a coincidence IMO.

Anyone else had strange side effects or can explain my strange reaction?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #143394 Reply
    joss

Brydo. I dare say there are many and varied little side effects such as yours. Thankfully, a couple of cold sores while inconvenient, is not to bad.

All I had was a sore arm for 24 hours.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143409 Reply
    ajn

Hello Brydo had both now same as Joss says the arm ache on both, slight head ache but tbh I always seem to have headache anyway..

#143477 Reply
    ajn

How you feeling now Brydo, should be getting better after say the 1st 36 hours or so.

#143494 Reply
    Brydo

I’m thinking it’s a response to the jab triggering my bodies immune system and some how aggravating the cold sore virus that’s been dormant in my body.

Its obviously minor but I thought it was interesting and was wondering if anyone else has experienced minor/strange side effects.

#143495 Reply
    ajn

Brydo I’ve been taking immunosuppressive medicines for a while now, immune system problems causing mayhem for me at the moment.

Hope your over it soon, I thought one of your side affects was the loss of talent posting on here for a moment👍🌻

#143502 Reply
    brydo

ajn just got fed up by the abuse to be honest. I spent a lot of my time looking for things of interest to post so when more people are complaining than enjoying, its time to stop.

To be honest the last time “glos guy” was on the forum I had the same problem, he seems to have a problem with what I post and although he’s been on the forum for over 3 years he has started only five threads. Hopefully, now I’m gone, he will step up to the plate and post something interesting.

#143504 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’ve suffered from bad nose bleeds ever since being a young teenager 50 odd years ago however I’ve not had one since becoming disabled after a stroke in 2008.

That was until I had the jab in early February when a day or so later I had two really bad nose bleeds just like the olden days. Not had any since then but strange and there seem to be a link.

This coincided with having a MOT at my doctors and they were a bit concerned my blood pressure was above my normal and due to that my carer wife had to take my blood pressure twice a day for a fortnight but these turned out to be OK so everything back to normal now.

It will be interesting if this occurs again after the second stab in the arm then I could point a finger but overall would not be put of having the vacs. No other side effects here though my wife had the sore arm for a couple of days.

I think it might be important to say what vaccine we have had and for myself it was the Pfizer.

#143515 Reply
    ajn

Brydo people on sites like these can be very annoying, say and act how they never would in reality even act brave, tuff, even more intelligent don’t ask me why it just happens, don’t take long for some to jump on to the abuse for the same reason..

I try to be helpful and polite, however if I see this type of stuff, I’ll speak out please or offend, it takes the pressure of the attacked..

Been like it since a kid, couple of scrapes in life but still hear to tell the tale..

Funny thing never really had I done for me..

Get back on here Brydo no one here really wants harm for you it’s an act of insecurity in a way, their problem, not yours.

@ChrisK
    Pfizer too both, arm pain, slight sore throat cleared fast though, headache..

#143524 Reply
    joss

Good post ajn and one I subscribe too. So Brydo Just be yourself and ignore the the few.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143529 Reply
    ajn

@Brydo, if you remember I gave a goodbye post with a thanks to the forum…

However not so long after (3weeks) I received an email from a post of your which I replied to, after l opened it I read something I thought to be out of order..

So I signed in once more came here (off topic) possibly to mask the real reason to confront a post aimed at you on the main forum..

Said a few choice words just to highlight to me unjust picking at your posts..

So in the meantime after receiving further shielding letters, obviously ended up back here, however it’s down to your post that was abuse I returned.

Sleep can be a problem for me, so your posts some with links passed time through the restless nights..

So if you stay or go Thanks anyway..

ajn🌻

#143748 Reply
    ajn

Brydo

#143750 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

ajn just got fed up by the abuse to be honest. I spent a lot of my time looking for things of interest to post so when more people are complaining than enjoying, its time to stop. To be honest the last time “glos guy” was on the forum I had the same problem, he seems to have a problem with what I post and although he’s been on the forum for over 3 years he has started only five threads. Hopefully, now I’m gone, he will step up to the plate and post something interesting.

Often in life some people have a one dimensional view of everything and an inability to see things from a different perspective and often resort to inflammatory comments or worse when their own opinions are challenged and often only post or comment on a very narrow range of interests or specific car models often repeating themselves. I have found your numerous posts on electric cars informative and very useful and look forward to many more once you are in “good” health.

#143758 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Keep posting @brydo, I find most of your posts interesting and any I’m not interested in I don’t read, it’s simple really.

#143778 Reply
    brydo

No guys I won’t be posting anymore, I will visit on a regular basis and if I see a thread that interests me I will comment.

#143789 Reply
    ajn

👍 understood brydo, Good man.🌻

#143797 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Fully understood. Buena suerte. Good luck.

#143816 Reply
    Daf

Really sad to hear that Brydo. I have always enjoyed your posts and you kept me up to speed with new technology especially EVs.

It’s a shame a couple of old fogeys are too dumb to realise they could just read the posts they are interested and leave the rest of us to enjoy your posts.

I wish you would reconsider but if not many thanks for the great posts and your sparkling sense of humour.

#143819 Reply
    brydo

Daf I think the saying is “the juice has to be worth the squeeze” and at one point I was looking at replies to my posts through the cracks between my fingers. I honestly don’t know what the problem was as many have said previously “if the topic is not of interest don’t read it” which is something I have done on many occasions.

When you have been on the Forum for any length of time you will see the same posts appear over and over again. These posts are important to the new members who post them but to old hacks on the forum, like me,  we have seen them many times before. What I was TRYING to do was bring interesting articles to the Forum, some required no reply but were just a good read. Others were posted to stimulate discussion, like thread about knowing when its time to give up driving. These were designed to keep the “experts” on the forum interested, there is a fantastic wealth of knowledge here and keeping them on the Forum, and interested, was the objective.

#143826 Reply
    ajn

Take a back seat for a while Brydo, I do quite often, interesting how you can build up a picture of some from outside looking in.

Call it a well earned rest for the efforts put in..

Theres even a sunflower grow post now, just something you could come and go as you please, no stress..

If you want take a look at the jokes, just look, enjoy your feet up time Brydo.

#143828 Reply
    Brydo

I like your sunflower thread ajn, great idea.

#143835 Reply
    ajn

Have a ago Brydo, you can get miniature multi head ones for an average size pot, up-to hhhuge ones.🌻

#143836 Reply
    Brydo

By coincidence the sunflower is my oldest daughter’s favourite flower. When she was younger she had photos of them all around her bedroom. Also frequently one grows from random bags of potting compost in my garden every now and then.

#143837 Reply
    ajn

Great stuff, go put that on that post Brydo, cheerful memories, or can I copy paste on your behalf, and if you get any popping up would post some pics pls.

#143838 Reply
    Brydo

Yes ajn no problem and I will take some photos if any appear 👍

#143856 Reply
    Mike

Brydo you are a true asset to this forum and it will be a great loss if you stop posting. I for one read your informative articles. Please don’t let the trolls get their way.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Strange vaccination side effects.
Your information: