Skoda Superb

• Creator
    Topic
  • #115911 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Just came back from the Skoda dealership as I was interested in a Superb Estate.  I was told that it’s a 6 month wait for a factory order and could be longer.  I like the car but sod that.  There were problems before the pandemic.  I have two friends who had agreed PCH deals on factory orders, and they kept getting delayed.  Every few weeks the lease company would phone them and tell them there car’s were delayed further.  That happened three times to them, so they ended up cancelling.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #115942 Reply
    lu1massive
    Participant

Hi PillBoy,

i have ordered a Skoda superb se-l 1.5 auto hatchback from Skoda Milton Keynes was quoted a build time of 10-12 weeks. So not sure about you being told 6 months.

#115949 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

When did you order it?

#115950 Reply
    lu1massive
    Participant

Got a call from the dealer today telling me he’s put it through the system and I was looking at a 2nd or 3rd week September. Our change over date is 10th September.

#115954 Reply
    Saintsman

I got told 12 weeks+ by Wings Peterborough, the + could be another 12 weeks.

#115957 Reply
    lu1massive
    Participant

When I spoke to the dealer he said I was looking at a mid September handover which is about 12 weeks. Maybe speak to another dealer or maybe I’ll speak to another dealer too just to be on the safe side.

#115969 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Perhaps some dealers have already got cars on the dockside either side of the channel that fit people’s criteria.

I’ve fired off emails to a few different dealers regarding their group stock and will see what occurs.

Thanks for the replies.

#115971 Reply
    brian hindmarch

I’ve had my Skoda Superb for 3 years, and have just extended the lease to 5 years it’s that good a car,   Skoda have always been consistently quick with build times and if I were you I would ask another dealer the build times

#115974 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Just heard back from a different dealer;  ‘The factory order lead time for the car is currently 25 weeks.’

That’s exactly the same as I was told yesterday.

As I said earlier, anything supplied a lot sooner might be stock that has already been built and is just awaiting transport.

#115981 Reply
    lu1massive
    Participant

Hey Brian have currently got a octavia L&K auto has all the bells and whistles just a little small now when all the family is travelling otherwise would have extended the lease too. So going for something bigger.

Was on the phone with motability a few hrs ago just to confirm our order has been processed and is on the system.
    I will email the dealer if he could just confirm build time.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Skoda Superb
Your information: