SEMI CONDUCTOR CRISIS

• Creator
    Topic
  • #160192 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I cannot have the digital dash on the Mini motability order due to the above but will have the Analogue  instead which will save me money as it is an extra and being old school i am not worried so hopefully i will have the car in around nov time.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #160198 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Being very old school, I remember when a Mini dash looked like this. Simpler times…

#160211 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

What are we thinking about?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#160224 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I remember the old School mini i had one myself those were the days nice and simple you now need a training course for the tech on some cars now.

#160229 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Brydo, the Newport facility produces 0.18 micron chips. 20 year old technology, run of the mill stuff – the sort used in your washing machine.  Regrettably it’s Chinese companies that have money to invest in businesses.  Seems no good reason to turn the money away, unless politically it’s decided to stop all Chinese money coming into the country – now that would be a thing…

#160239 Reply
    George

How nice and uncluttered that mini looks I had forgotten how nice cars were back in the “olden” days.

#160240 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Government should be encouraging investment from UK sources rather selling out to the Chinese. I do believe there is a question to be asked about investment/ takeover from China in the UK. Next to the USA, China are the biggest risk to world peace IMO.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#160242 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I don’t disagree with you Brydo. Problem is China is the world’s manufacturing base, due to its artificially fixed exchange rate.. All the Chinese goods we buy have to be paid for with currency. What can the Chinese do with foreign currency except spend it in the country it came from?  And until nations stop China cheating the money market, it’s where we are.

#160343 Reply
    Belfast4

Carl Zeiss SMT GmbH
    Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology

This company are very well known for lenses for glasses and photography. This is another branch of the company that make the chips everyone needs. They have an order book full for the next 15 years. I think their is going to problems with these chips for years to come.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: SEMI CONDUCTOR CRISIS
Your information: