Seat Leon Delayed Indefinitely

• Creator
    Topic
  • #140607 Reply
    Harry

Got a an email from the garage where we ordered the car back in December and they are saying all Seat Leons have been delayed with no time frame moving forwards.

Seems VAG groups are having major issues.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140610 Reply
    Paul D

For what reason?

#140611 Reply
    Markymate

Probably be semiconductor shortages

#140664 Reply
    John Morris

Can I ask what engine it is? My ateca 1.5tsi ordered 29/12 has been built and is awaiting transport to the UK. Is it the 2.0tsi because they are starting to use a newer, cleaner version of the engine and maybe vw getting first dibs

#140727 Reply
    Harry

It is the 1.5tsi FR Sport

The only proper Leon FR Sports built so far seem the be the PHEVS 204bhp as no others on Autotrader.

I know they are having major issues with the full VAG cars new infotainment system. Maybe they are holding off producing more until they can get it fixed. Could be the semi conductor shortage as well.

#140732 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Volkswagen Group’s Seat unit will cut production at its Spanish factory in Martorell, near Barcelona, because of a shortage of microchips.

A production line that builds the Seat Leon and Cupra Leon compact cars, and the Cupra Formentor crossover, will work on two shifts per day instead of the current three from Jan. 25 until April, Seat said in an emailed statement on Wednesday.

This will reduce the number of vehicles produced per day to 600 from 900, with a loss of 18,000 units over the period, according to the Spanish business daily Expansion.

Some workers will be transferred to a production line that builds the Seat Ibiza small hatchback and Seat Arona small crossover, which will add a third shift because of high demand for those models, Seat said.

The Ibiza and Arona are based on VW Group’s MQB-A0 platform, which is not affected by a global shortage of semiconductors.

The remaining workers will be temporarily laid off.

Seat says production of the missing units at Martorell should be recovered during the rest of 2021, unless there is further disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Seat told unions that its 2020 production will be down 30 percent to 350,000 after a two-month production stop early this year because of the pandemic, according to Spanish media.

Production is expected to rise to 483,000 in 2021. Seat built an all-time high of 500,005 cars in Martorell in 2019.

VW Group said on Dec. 18  that it is adjusting production in Europe, China and the U.S. because of a shortage of microchips. The move will affect production of VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat models based on VW Group’s MQB architecture. The platform underpins car such as the VW Golf, Audi A3 and Seat Leon.

Semiconductor manufacturers reassigned their production capacities to other sectors such as consumer electronics during the slump in car sales earlier this year caused by the spread of COVID-19.

#140742 Reply
    John Morris

So I am lucky that the Ateca is built in the Czech Republic I guess. Mine is fr sport with same engine.

#140744 Reply
    Paul D

Waiting on Ateca 1.5 TSI FR Sport DSG . Ordered on 15/12/20 . Hopefully won’t be affected then !

#140751 Reply
    John Morris

No Paul. Its probably on the same transport as mine. Expected 1st week of march

#140752 Reply
    John Morris

No Paul. Its probably on the same transport as mine. Expected 1st week of march. Exact same spec as well. What colour did you go for? We went with rhodium grey.

#140753 Reply
    Paul D

Hi John . I have a Kuga 1.5 Titanium X  at the minute in grey  . So went for the white .

Tested the new Kuga and Ateca and the Ateca was a much better handling car . So involving.

Enjoy mate when you get it .

#140758 Reply
    Paul D

John , thanks for the heads up on the delivery time 👍

#140763 Reply
    John Morris

Yeah I have a 2020 nevada white 1.5tsi fr Manuel now so I know how good it is to drive. Needed to get a dsg for medical reasons so motability let us change after only 9 months. The extra £200 for the fr sport over the fr is well worth it. So much more kit including the electric heated leather seats and digital cockpit and wireless android auto is now standard as well.

#140766 Reply
    Harry

Yeah the new Ateca FR Sport is absolutely stunning looking. I had the last shape Leon before my Clubman with is the same interior as the Ateca or else id of went for that.

#140998 Reply
    MickC

Cheap as chips.

£5,749 AP for a

New SEAT Leon Estate e-Hybrid  XCELLENCE Lux 1.4 e-HYBRID DSG-auto 204PS

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Seat Leon Delayed Indefinitely
Your information: