Seat Alteca Order Problems

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127800 Reply
    ade harley

Good afternoon all, after careful consideration and research, I have decided to opt for the 2.0d Seat Ateca Xperience lux DSG.
    I placed my order with the retailer on Friday 9th October, today I emailed the salesman today to be informed that they have not been able to place the order. Has anyone else had this problem?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127815 Reply
    file28
    Participant

shouldn’t be any problems unless its the dwp/mobility end of things ,do you have the enhanced mobility award and for more than 12 months and is it your first order

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#127820 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I think you need to call him and ask, why, thats nearly 3 weeks ago, the order should have gone through to motobility when you at the dealer, and you would have been given paperwork, did you pay a deposit, did he not advise you on a possible delivery date. You need to phone him, and find out. It is always recommended to phone the salesman, rather than email, until.you are confident you have a decent rapport.</p>

#127822 Reply
    Mike Charles

What delivery date did you get? I just ordered a ateca FR sport TDI dsg and got told 8 to 10 weeks factory order but other dealers I phoned around told me 5 months. I have read somewhere that application approvals for new customers to scheme are taking longer than usual.

#127827 Reply
    ade harley

I was told 8 weeks but to be on the  safe side 10-12. The salesman also extended my present lease to 30 November. There’s no problem at motability side as I’ve already been sent my pin.

#127835 Reply
    Outrigger

Recently ordered a” Seat Ateca Xperience Lux 2.0tsi DSG 4 Drive Black Magic” however, date for delivery 19th March 2021…5 months !!!.Now I know why the new Tiguan was not launched with the same engine 4motion DSG.Obviously the VW Group have issues with this engine (most likely Emissions).I will probably get to January and they will say they are not making them anymore or some other excuse.

#127849 Reply
    Lord Muc

Ade, it’s motobility, that’s extends your lease, have you had it confirmed by them, and for how long?

#127891 Reply
    ade harley

Motability have extended by 6 months initially. So that’s not a problem. I just don’t understand how it takes a main dealership two weeks to place an order.

#127892 Reply
    Lord Muc

Sorry, don’t understand it either, you will have to ask for an explanation, and see if they can improve on supply. The order, should have been placed straight away, and you would have been given paperwork, to confirm, the price and what you have to pay minus any deposit. They would also give an idea on delivery, if it’s stock or factory order. It could be that they have used your order to fulfil another customers order, but bear in mind new car deliveries wait times seem to getting longer.

#128363 Reply
    Ade Harley

Spoke to dealer yesterday and was informed that lead time on all ateca is now 10-12 weeks, and there appears that the 2.0 diesel engines are causing the dealer ordering system to return an error message.

No new car for christmas for me.

#128366 Reply
    Mike Charles

I ordered a seat ateca fr sport TDI dsg 1 week ago, the dealer told me 8 weeks but can’t give me a date for delivery. Thinking I might cancel and get something in stock.

#128367 Reply
    Tony

Put my application in on friday morning  accepted by 12pm same day  on mobility

#128369 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Tony, that’s an incredibly swift turnaround. It took a best part of 48hrs for Motability to accept my Mother’s most recent order and she has a clean record with them.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#128447 Reply
    Mossfinn

When I placed an order for my CX5 about this time 2 years ago, the acceptance came back when I was still sitting talking to the dealer. Mind you, the car didn’t arrive until May!!

#128474 Reply
    Lord Muc

It’s all done on line, at the dealer, acceptance should be virtually instant, unless there is a problem with insurance or maybe a first car.

#129091 Reply
    ade harley

Have had a email from dealer today, they have still been unable to order 2.0 Tdi, so in desperation have changed my order to the 1.5tsi and the order has gone through.
    I await my delivery date.

#129107 Reply
    Paul D

From what I’m hearing the 1.5 tsi version is the one to get .

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Seat Alteca Order Problems
Your information: