SCARY

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jamesg 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #95367 Reply

jamesg

The  first   auto  Ford  Focus    £295  ////   The  first  auto  Volkswagon   Golf   £799  ////   The  First  auto  Vauxhall  Astra   £1399. ////   love  the scheme.   I  think  they  are  taking  the  PISS  does  anybody  else  ?????????????

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #95369 Reply

James

Not sure what the specs are on these cars but I guess the higher advance payment on Vauxhall would be a result of there poor residual value in three years

#95370 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

The first auto Ford Focus £295 //// The first auto Volkswagon Golf £799 //// The First auto Vauxhall Astra £1399. //// love the scheme. I think they are taking the PISS does anybody else ?????????????

Vauxhall used to be one of the ‘cheaper AP’ manufacturers on the scheme and used to sell a lot of vehilces to Motability.  That was, however, before PSA bought them.

Bearing in mind that PSA are also marketing Peugeot, Citroen and to some extent DS marques ‘in volume’ to the scheme, I wonder if this is a ploy by PSA to favour the French built vehicles by keeping the AP’s of Vauxhall artificially high?

Bearing in mind the Astra sits in the same segment as the 308/C4 bracket I bet that is why the Peugeot and Citroen have cheaper AP’s.

As to the future – will there eventually be an announcement from PSA that as Vauxhall are no longer selling cars in high volume, it is bye bye Vauxhall?

Dave

#95371 Reply

jamesg

PSA  Did  say that the  Ellsmere plant  had to run at a profit or else . Sadly  i have  got to agree with  Big  Dave,s  post.

#95386 Reply

Michael

Deleted post – irrelevant content. see notes.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  wmcforum. Reason: Michael, this is a forum for people to talk about issues relevant to the Motability scheme. Which is exactly what is occurring, if you want to join in - keep it relevant
    #95390 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

I feel there is a great deal of moaning amongst some as to the scheme, surely these people could be considered as being very ungrateful, if they feel so strong then I can only suggest they go and get off the scheme and go buy there own car, and before they say I must have plenty of money I definatly do not, I just save and am most grateful to the scheme, take care

Michael,

No one was moaning about the scheme in this thread, nor being ‘ungrateful’.

We were mainly discussing why Vauxhall suddenly have very high Advance Payments for what was once, one of the most popular cars on the scheme – the Astra – which used to have very reasonable (ie cheap) AP’s, but no longer.

I was speculating as to whether or not this had anything to do with the takeover of Vauxhall by PSA (Peugeot/Citroen) and whether perhaps PSA could be now ‘favouring’ cars built closer to their home rather than in the UK.

It certainly was not ‘moaning’ and I think that all the contributors to this thread do value Motabiity highly.

Or have you posted in the wrong thread as your post seems  somewhat out of kilter for this thread?

Dave

#95391 Reply

jamesg

Hi Michael  my point is for some the scheme is becoming  unaffordable  for some. The cars in my post  are medium automatic  cars  needed  by a lot on the scheme  i save for my own car  .  But 8 years ago i was in a position where  that after bills and food there was nothing left and i find your post to be offensive. If you had read my post you would have read that i love the scheme !

#95393 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Hi Michael my point is for some the scheme is becoming unaffordable for some. The cars in my post are medium automatic cars needed by a lot on the scheme i save for my own car . But 8 years ago i was in a position where that after bills and food there was nothing left and i find your post to be offensive. If you had read my post you would have read that i love the scheme !

Is this the return of our old friend ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#95401 Reply

martino

lol oscarmas,

Micheal i think i can say we all love (sort off) the scheme we are all grateful,and appreciate the scheme, However i thing that people that have been on the scheme for a long long time (like me) and rely heavily on the car, have notice lot and lots of changes to the scheme over the year some good and lots not so good. The scheme is to help us to be more mobile, but after reading lots off posts and personal experiences with the scheme dont always think the scheme the car dealers or motability have our needs as a main priority, yes there a lot of cars and yes everyones needs and wants are difrent , but lots of us need more cars that are acseable like higher up cars(suv ect) wider cars( suv people carriers) automatics, electric tail gate (to sound american ) to name but a few things all of these are usually the higher end vehicles with much higher advanced payments which take most us the current 3 years lease to try n same for our next car.

A lot of cars with nil A/P or very little A/P are usually small (hard to get in n out )  tight inside which can make it very hard and awkward and sore with a lot of disability’s

Every quarter when the prices A/P change and cars are removed and some others put on, we all wait in anticipation for the ability to find the suitable car we all need.

Motability is a charity to help disabled but it is a big business with £4.2 billion pounds which they get from disabled customers .

The scheme will always change cars ect, we are all at the mercy of the car dealers and Motability picking the cars for the scheme if Motability decided we had the choice of between one to two cars we need to accept it say thank you , All we are really looking for is more accessible vehicle at a more affordable price A/P to suit our needs and i dont  think thats always the case.

#95415 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Oscarmax I think it is

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#95423 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Oscarmax I think it is

I like this forum because it is friendly and safe, I don’t like these spammers

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#95426 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

It is a shame that when you delete the posts of plebs like Michael you can’t send them a little electric shock at the same time, to the plumbs maybe? ?

#95438 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Totally agree vinalspin

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#95444 Reply

SpinaB
    Participant

Michael aside

When I first got my DLA some 20 years ago my first car was a Fiesta Ghia £500 AP with Ford contribution of £250 I qualified for 🙂

1 week after handing £500 over I was given £250 back then before it was delivered it went down from £500 AP to £250 on the next quarter

As Ford had contributed that £250 I then got my £250 back from Motabilty meaning £0 AP 🙂

I get where Michael and Dave are both coming from eitherway the AP’s are becoming highway robbery now I remember a BMW 3 Series auto being £700 when I came on the scheme.

The excessive AP’s now do have a link to people getting the wrong cars I know I felt back into a corner when I ordered mine and as a result got things very very wrong! Now im very very broke 🙁

Its less our needs now than what they can sell us that benificial to them and how much they can screw us out of 🙁

Think im done with prestige brands now look where its landed me I just want to be back in something practical like I was a couple of weeks ago………………………..

#95445 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I know it doesn’t have a “b” in those type of plums but you never know who it might offend and I do tend to get my posts deleted for not thinking.

#95450 Reply

Michael

Hi, I apologise if anyone was offended by my post, I was really giving a general comment, not directly pointed at anyone in particular. As to the operating of the scheme in relation to one’s needs I fully agree costs have indeed risen and there would appear to be somewhat wanting by dealers etc.  regards Michael

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  wmcforum. Reason: Edited to remove unnecessary shouting
    #95484 Reply

jamesg

The  first  auto   Golf  now £1349  !

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: SCARY

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: