Renault Austral Iconic spec changes

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Just a heads up to anyone who has ordered the Iconic Austral (top spec). Renault have removed the 4Control (Rear wheel steering) from the spec. It’s no longer being offered to the UK market.

From what i’ve seen Renault made the switch from MY24 to MY25 at the end of April, so any Iconic specs built after that won’t have 4C.

I ordered mine at the start of April so probably won’t get it either, just waiting on my dealer to get back to me.

Car History:
      Ford Fiesta
      Vauxhall Astra Mk6
      Mazda 3
      BMW 2 Series Coupe
      Mercedes A Class
      Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Lease ended early)
      Renault Austral

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Adrian
      Participant

That is a shame, 360 camera now being the stand out feature of opting for “top spec”?

"Come on BYD Seal!"
        Participant

That is a shame, 360 camera now being the stand out feature of opting for “top spec”?

It’s now just the Harmon Kardon sound system, 360 camera and panoramic sunroof that’s the difference over the mid spec.

Car History:
          Ford Fiesta
          Vauxhall Astra Mk6
          Mazda 3
          BMW 2 Series Coupe
          Mercedes A Class
          Renault Austral

Rich44
          Participant

So what are they offering to compensate?

Participant

Not surprising, a lot of reviews mentioned the 4 wheel steering making the car handle badly/weirdly.

Not much to tempt over the mid spec model, its audio was tweaked by Arkamys so should be pretty decent already. I’d not bother if it was my cash paying the AP.  I had a pano roof on my Picasso many years ago, hardly ever had the blind open, so unless the car interior was like a dingy cave I don’t think I’d pay extra for it.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Alfanutter
              Participant

I’m strongly considering the Austral when I change this time next year. I have test driven the mid and top spec and the sunroof does make a difference.. However I didn’t like the 4C. Hopefully the AP will come down as a result.

FiestaRed
                Participant

Just about to order the middle spec Techno Alpine this weekend. The dealership mentioned there are some changes to this model too, but “only cosmetic”, whatever that means.

Spotted a photo online where there seem to be differences to the dash layout and steering wheel areas. My test drive was in the Iconic and for me, the 4C really made a big difference in tight corners.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Participant

So what are they offering to compensate?

I believe they dropped the retail price by £500 (not useful to Motability customers) and the foot sensor to open the boot hands free has now been added.

Just about to order the middle spec Techno Alpine this weekend. The dealership mentioned there are some changes to this model too, but “only cosmetic”, whatever that means. Spotted a photo online where there seem to be differences to the dash layout and steering wheel areas. My test drive was in the Iconic and for me, the 4C really made a big difference in tight corners.

Yeah they made some slight changes to the interior, the biggest difference is the steering wheel

Car History:
                    Ford Fiesta
                    Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                    Mazda 3
                    BMW 2 Series Coupe
                    Mercedes A Class
                    Renault Austral

FiestaRed
                    Participant

Yeah they made some slight changes to the interior, the biggest difference is the steering wheel

The new ‘centre pad’ looks a little dull compared to the old one. Looks like somewhere that’s softer that you can bang your head against when things go wrong.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by FiestaRed.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Natural
                      Participant

Been searching for info on the Austral, the Renault website is pretty useless.. if you need specific info.  It just says “on some versions” but doesn’t say which ones.  Thankyou for mentioning this, I was trying to work out the differences between the 4c and the auto iconic.

I do have some questions, if you or anyone can answer.

The 4advance steering system appears to be part of the Multi Sense Modes.  I’m assuming the Iconic Auto is the one with Snow and All Terrain modes.  The rear wheel steering 4c as mentioned above is being removed from uk markets.   According to the salesman at my local dealer, the 4advance system is only available on the iconic range.. but it appears to be available on all of the vehicles.

Which versions have the regenerative paddle shift levers?

What is multi collision braking? (An Extra)

What is the protection system extra/addon?

If I wanted the All Terrain Mode which vehicle would I get it on? Or is this not available?  The heated seats, steering wheel would be useful where I live, but essentially I want a car that can steer in snow or mud and is comfortable to get into as I’m 6’4″.  I like the idea of the 360 cameras but I can park a car myself.  And the sunroof unless it opened doesn’t seem to have much use.  Plus how strong would it be if you rolled over or a tree fell on it.. it’s a consideration where I live.  The vehicle registers as one of the safest on the road and with the way people drive now, that seems a prudent reason to buy it.

I’m mobility disabled but not in a wheel chair.  Basically just a slow old man.. smaller suv’s are full of things to belt your head off getting into or pranging a knee on.. this time around I’m getting a large suv, but trying to decide which is the best one to get.  It’s hard work.  I’ve looked at 18 different vehicles and still can’t decide.

Essentially I want Hybrid for mileage.  Safety and Snow handling.  I was looking at the Nissan X Trail, but it’s nearly a full year to build and transport.

Don’t want plug in or electric. Can’t afford the prices.  Council won’t let me put a charger on property.

Thanks in advance for any responces.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.