Registration plate choice

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by FiestaRed.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #155663 Reply
    FiestaRed

Just wondering if anyone has been given a choice of vehicle registration numbers when ordering a new car?

I’m not sure if dealerships apply for single registration numbers as cars are ordered or do they get blocks of numbers and then allocate them to cars.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155664 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

They will normally have a block of numbers – if you ask, you might get to choose from handful but of course it will only be the last three letters that will differ slightly.

#155671 Reply
    Mrfunky

Never had a choice was only told the registration on phone call to say it was at dealers and can collect in 3 days time

#155729 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I never had a choice too

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#155732 Reply
    POPS

I asked for a list of reg numbers on my last two leases and was able to select a good one both times (easy to remember, lol)

My last one had already been pre allocated but I insisted on changing it as it was just a jumble.

#155733 Reply
    Lee Bengough

I could use too with my Citroën Dealer but they can’t do it anymore now it’s auto generated and they are telling the truth as 2 other vehicles each side of my reg are totally different manufacturers where as before they were always Citroen’s.

#155736 Reply
    macmark
    Participant

I’m just waiting for my next car to be delivered to the dealership and have been told that I can have a list of plates to choose from. I was also told the same thing last time but the dealer said he was tight on time to get the car ready for me as quickly as possible so just chose what he thought was the best. I think it depends on the dealer if they can be bothered with it to be honest.

#155740 Reply
    FiestaRed

My new dealership have said they no longer have an in-house admin team and now all the registrations go through ‘a hub’ so it looks as that I’ll have to manage with what I get.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Registration plate choice
Your information: