Radio shows you can recommend

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Tharg.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #104082 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I listen to a lot of radio and mix it with music sport and current events.
    Saturdays I enjoy listening to “off the ball” a sports, football, programme mostly relating to Scottish football. It is however really funny and a bit risqué, so even if your not that interested in Scottish football it is worth a listen.

Its also available in a podcast version and is on bbc Scotland radio station.

On the same station, on a Friday at one, there is a comedy show, can’t remember the name but really funny with comedians from across Britain.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104086 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I bought a new radio recently which pulls in a host of Spanish stations on medium wave in the evening.  I only speak tourist Spanish so don’t understand most of what’s said but find listening strangely compelling.  Otherwise it’s mostly BBC Radio Solent if I’m busy round the house or Classic FM while driving.

#104107 Reply
    George

Alexei Sayle’s imaginary sandwich bar.

Series 1/2/3 on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alexei+sayle%27s+imaginary+sandwich+bar+series+1

#104512 Reply
    Tharg

Radio shows? Hmm… more of a wireless chap meself, Brydo. As such, recommend The Navy Lark, Round the Horne; Radio Active; Hancock; I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue; I’m Sorry I’ll Read That Again –  indeed, anything with Tim Brook-Taylor and/or Betty Marsden. None broadcast into the ether at the moment but recordings can be found although probably on these new modern audio tape cassette thingeys!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Radio shows you can recommend
Your information: