Quater 4 start date

• Creator
    Topic
  • #121918 Reply
    James

Hey folks, I’m wondering when q4 will start and wether its better to buy in q4 or q1?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121920 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Hey folks, I’m wondering when q4 will start and wether its better to buy in q4 or q1?

Q4 commences 1st October 2020.

As for which quarter to buy in, it is anyone’s guess with cars coming on/off the scheme mid-quarter as well as the start of a new quarter, plus advance payments can go down as well as up.

#121921 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

If last year is anything to go by, then Q4 is better than Q1. Lots of really interesting stuff available in Q4 2019 – Alfa Giulia; Audi Quattro types; Good selection of Merc’s  plus Audi A3 and A4 etc. On 1 Jan 2020 most diasappeared and were not seen again. Might be different this year. Who knows?

#121929 Reply
    Lord Muc

Q4, can be good for deals, as dealers chase the end of year bonus from the manufacturers. It seems there was a bit of a boom, when lockdown eased for the dealers, with pent up demand ect, so will it slow down if the economy gets worse. As for motobility, not sure, are they all back full time? Manufacturers may be reviewing what they want, so RRP prices may rise, but discounts may increase. I dont think that works in the schemes favour though.

#121951 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

If there’s a car you want at a price you think is fair in q4 go right ahead and buy it. As it may disappear. If there’s nothing that interests you wait it out until Q1. Though Brexit may crop back up by then.

Current car VW Touran SEL

#121963 Reply
    Menorca Mike

I can’t wait will look after midnight at Toyota CHR design currently £995

#122020 Reply
    Gordon

@Menorca Mike

I bit the bullet and got the Toyota Prius plus for £295, it had just about everything I needed at a really good price. I was tempted by the Honda Crosstar but it’s the same AP as the CHR which is much nicer and a good spec. I’d go for that Mike.

#122158 Reply
    John

I have ordered from q3 if prices change or other cars come on scheme are you allowed to cancel or change order for a better deal if one is available.

#122167 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Gordon that’s a bargain for £295

#122171 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

john, if your ordered car changes ap on the 1st usually the dealer will honour the lower ap. but it may be worth checking with them that if the ap goes down they will oblige.

if your considering a complete change of manufacturer and model well thats a bit more contentious in some eyes, but at the end of the day you need to be happy with the car for the next 3 years.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Quater 4 start date
Your information: