Purchasing after stopped allowance

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joss 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118906 Reply

Luke

My pip award is up for renewal soon and I was just wondering as I am already on pip, can I purchase my motability car after just 1 year into the lease if my allowance stopped. Has anyone done this or knows if its possible. I am not eligible for the DLA – PIP transitional package as I am already on PIP.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118927 Reply

joss
    Participant

High Luke

What happens if my mobility allowance has been stopped?
    If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or Veterans UK decide you are no longer eligible for the mobility allowance , you are responsible for keeping us informed and we will need to make arrangements for the return of the car. You will only pay the cost of the lease until the car is returned. We may refund any Advance Payment on a pro-rata basis e.g. if the lease agreement ended after one year of a three year lease, two-thirds of the Advance Payment may be refunded.

Please also be aware that as part of the Government’s plans to replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) with Personal Independence Payment (PIP) , some disabled people may not qualify for mobility support under PIP or may do so at a lower rate than they had under DLA. As a consequence, they may no longer be eligible for the Motability Scheme. Motability, the charity are offering a one-off transitional support package for these customers.

This is one question you need to talk to Motability customer service about.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#118980 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Joss, I think the page you quote from has been superceeded by introduction of the ‘Stopped Allowance Support Payment’  – from the ‘If things change’ page on Motability’s website:

If your allowance ends during your lease
    If your allowance ends during your lease, you will no longer be eligible for the Motability scheme and we will support you through the process of handing your car back.

You may be eligible for a £1000 stopped allowance support payment if your return the car in a good condition to your dealer within our given timescales. Depending on your individual situation you will have up to eight weeks from your allowance payments ending to return the car. If you receive a stopped allowance support payment, you will not be eligible for a pro-rata Good Condition Bonus, but any Advance Payment you have paid will be returned to you on a pro-rata basis.

https://www.motability.co.uk/your-lease/car/if-things-change/

#119009 Reply

joss
    Participant

@bigdave

Many thanks for pointing that out and duly noted. 👍

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Purchasing after stopped allowance

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: