Possible new car – DS 3 CROSSBACK E-Tense La Premiere

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gothitjulie 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104427 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

I sat in the new 2008 last week, left hand drive french demo in the dealer in Epsom (also the 208 but that’s a small boy racer thing).

I’d say try the e-2008 for size before deciding on the ds-3 e-tense, they have the same underpinnings & drivetrain, so the only variation will be from the slight differences in aerodynamic efficiencies. Boot size of the e-2008 was OK for a small SUV.

The e-2008 is supposed to come to motability on the 20th February, dealer couldn’t slip me the price as they said they didn’t know it yet.

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/showroom/new-e2008-SUV/

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  gothitjulie.
    #104429 Reply

Speedy James

I was seriously thinking about one but the boot is really tight for my fairly small manual wheelchair.

Also the dealer was unable to confirm delivery times and if the e tense version will have electric seats as the petrol one does.

Overall though a really lovely car and a real world worst case electric range should be 150 miles I believe.

#104436 Reply

Peter

I have a DS3 E-Tense on order which I am collecting on 02/03/20.

I was lucky enough to get a proper test drive when my local DS dealer had one for the day.  Really good to drive, very comfortable, quiet and refined.

The La Premiere version (which I’m getting) comes with all of the bells and whistles.  I can confirm that the seats are manual. There is no electric option available.

I considered the 2008 but preferred the DS3.  There’s a wait of about a month, currently, to get a wall charger fitted by Pod Point.  This is free as the £359 balance for the 7kw charger (after OLEV grant) is paid by DS.

#104438 Reply

Speedy James

That’s very useful to know thanks. Sadly no electric seats takes it off my list then.

Does the high list price mean you will have to pay road tax (assuming you use your tax exemption elsewhere)

#104439 Reply

Rhodgie

The DS3 along with the Corsa, e208 & e2008 are all good cars with a decent range and would be a good choice for anyone but one big downside for any wheelchair user is that the charge port is at the rear on the passenger side so very difficult if not impossible to access if its parked against a wall or another car? Same reason I ruled out the Hyundai Ioniq.

Only ones I’ve found accessible are cars with charge ports in the front.

Ones with the charge port on the drivers side (golf, i3, Outlander) are useable from a wheelchair but can be awkward to access for anyone if they are in the wrong bay at a charger (ie the left hand bay)

#104440 Reply

Peter

My understanding is that there’s no road tax to pay but I’m not certain.

#104443 Reply

Rhodgie

Road tax for an electric car is £0.00

Any vehicle over £40k will have to pay an additional fee of £320 a year for 5 years

#104444 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

The DS3 along with the Corsa, e208 & e2008 are all good cars with a decent range and would be a good choice for anyone but one big downside for any wheelchair user is that the charge port is at the rear on the passenger side so very difficult if not impossible to access if its parked against a wall or another car? Same reason I ruled out the Hyundai Ioniq. Only ones I’ve found accessible are cars with charge ports in the front. Ones with the charge port on the drivers side (golf, i3, Outlander) are useable from a wheelchair but can be awkward to access for anyone if they are in the wrong bay at a charger (ie the left hand bay)

So we’d be looking at Zoe, MG ZS EV, Leaf?

#104452 Reply

Rhodgie

Gothitjulie…  yes but as you might already have seen none of them are on the scheme right now ☹

The Zoe has been on and off just recently, the leaf was last on Q1 2017, I ordered mines in the March for a June collection.

Hopefully some more will be coming soon but definitely check out the ones available now to see if they’re suitable for you 🤞

#104453 Reply

Rhodgie

Gothitjulie… also the Hyundai Kona & Kia Niro have their charge ports in the front 🤞🙏

#104476 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Yes, I’ve been trying to work out if I can afford to buy an e-Niro outright off the scheme as it really would be the best in that price range, but I’m thinking it’s maybe 3 years to lithium sulphur so I may try to compromise on one of the electric cars on the scheme then buy outright something like the e-Niro that has a lithium sulphur battery then.

I’m desperate to go electric as all my eco minded broccoli loving friends are pressuring me about running a diesel, they all use electric smart cars & use trains but don’t see that for me with a wheelchair, trains are impossible (local train station isn’t wheelchair accessible, & to get there the bus is full of entitled cows with non-fold up pushchairs).

Range is the issue with an electric car as I can charge at home with enough clearance both sides of the car for the wheelchair & then some. If I don’t have to charge on a public charger very often then I’ll manage (remembering those eco minded friends have type 2 sockets and enough home knitted mead to not worry about charging times).

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Possible new car – DS 3 CROSSBACK E-Tense La Premiere

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: