DLA

Enhanced :- £92.40 (from £89.60)

Standard :-  £61.85 ( from £60.00)

Motability

Enhanced :- £64.50 (from £89.60)

Middle  :- £61.85(from £60.00)

Low :-  £24.45 (from £23.70)

so motability are getting extra money on our leases every month

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #179203 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

A bit mixed up there Martinod. Try this:

Here are the current weekly rates:

Standard daily living component: £60
    Enhanced daily living component: £89.60
    Standard mobility component: £62.55
    Enhanced mobility component: £23.70

And these are the new rates for PIP coming in from April:

Standard daily living component: £61.85
    Enhanced daily living component: £92.40
    Standard mobility component: £64.50
    Enhanced mobility component: £24.45

#179207 Reply
    martinod
    Participant

yes  because im  getting so much extra money i dont know what to do with it  lol

#179210 Reply
    Pudsey
    Participant

Think you’ve got your standard and enhanced mobility a bit mixed up there Wigwam😂

#179212 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You’re quite right Pudsey. That’ll teach me not to copy and paste from the Daily Express!

#179278 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I’ve not been disabled for long (1979!), but the £10 Christmas ‘bonus’ remains very scrooge-esk. Why hasn’t that gone up in the last 40 years?

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#179282 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

for those on wpms a whole 35p increase and war pensions increase a whole 0.5% for 100% thats £1.00

for me thats 50p.

my rent has just gone up 5% rates 4% and gas and electric i dont even want to think about.

so 85p a week to cover all lol (more like manic laughter)

the ap on an equivelent countryman i have now has gone up almost 100%. now unaffordable.

#179283 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

for those on wpms a whole 35p increase and war pensions increase a whole 0.5% for 100% thats £1.00 for me thats 50p. my rent has just gone up 5% rates 4% and gas and electric i dont even want to think about. so 85p a week to cover all lol (more like manic laughter) the ap on an equivelent countryman i have now has gone up almost 100%. now unaffordable.

Mitch,

I am not sure where you got your figures from, but WPMS will increase by £2.15 to £72.00 per week (was £69.85) from April 2022.

Plus all War Pensions and Supplementary Allowances will rise by 3.1% – rounded to the nearest 1p.

Official uprating listing on Gov.uk here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/housing-benefit-adjudication-circulars-2022/a22022-war-pensions-uprating-for-the-financial-year-ending-march-2023

I have a feeling you may have been looking at last years 0.5% increase figures?

#179284 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

your right bigdave i googled april 2022 wpms rates not realising i ought to have put march 2023.

confusing or what lol.

oh well a whole £5.15 so 4.30 more towards a £20 rent increase that makes me feel better.

#179290 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

This needs to change,when the car contract is signed whatever the rate is at that time is what you should pay Motability for the 3 years or 5 years length of contract.

Its daylight robery,the DWP should clamp down on Motability,if the rates increase each year over the contract length the claimant should get the extra money not Motability.

#179303 Reply
    rox
    Participant

That’s all factored into the 3 year lease, the bigger issue imo is that these benefits are all set at a lower apr than actual inflation and the gap grows every year between the cost of the cars and the allowance we get.

When i got switched from icb to esa as i got more on icb i get eesa. So I will never have a rise till they on par, which will probally never happen.

If the scheme was run at a loss how long would it last..We are geting an extra £250 towards our next cars and i just got my £60 rebate due to covid, gcb has gone upto £600 from £200 when i first joined. So they are doing something.

If you extend your lease and are on pip then you pay the same for a new car as you do a 3yr old one.. That’s something i think needs changing. That’s why personally i will not extend or spend huge amounts on an ap or add extra’s to essentially lease a car. It’s hard to justify it.

#179313 Reply
    Dante

The little uplift, nonetheless multiplied by X hundred thousand customers, will help poor motability operations  Paltry £569 million profit margin !

#179318 Reply
    rox
    Participant

It’s not a £569m profit margin, is it not fund/reserves of £569m of which they buy the cars outright so we can lease them over 3 years. Then they sell them, they gonna take a hit at some point with the switch over to ev’s and restrictions on petrol and diesel cars as values plummet the closer we get to 2030.

#179441 Reply
    wmcforum

Hi

#179636 Reply
    Rachel

@DumfriesDik

I agree with you about the £10.00 ‘Christmas Bonus’ but did you receive it in December 2021? I’ve been disabled since 2003 and last December was the first time I didn’t get it. My cousin is also on higher rate PIP and she didn’t get it either. We just assumed it was cut because of Covid but maybe not?

#179640 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i got mine.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#179646 Reply
    DumfriesDik

@rachel. Yeah received it 16 December.
    I think I spent it on fast cars, loose women, fine wines and the balance I squandered.

#179647 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Had mine on 6/12/21.

You can’t lose out on this payment after all you could heat your home for 10 minutes with that sort of cash. 😒

#179648 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Today received new energy tariffs. I imagine energy performance certificates will be read by potential homebuyers with much more attention and interest nowadays. Our annual bill will be around 2k, for a modest well insulated house. Our previous property with solid walls less insulation would be around 4.5k. Crazy.

#179649 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Had mine on 6/12/21. You can’t lose out on this payment after all you could heat your home for 10 minutes with that sort of cash. 😒

maybe even 15

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: PIP DLA new rates from April
Your information: