Peugeot e-2008 2019 review

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 3 days, 23 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #98058 Reply

Brydo

What is it?
    Another week, another feature that opens with the line ‘another week, another compact crossover’. A further opportunity will come in January. But this week it’s the Peugeot e-2008, the taller small Peugeot that is not quite as small as the last one. At 4.3m long, it’s 15cm longer than the 2008 it replaces, so is now longer than a Volkswagen Golf.

It sits on Peugeot’s CMP (Common Modular Platform) small car architecture which, you may know, means it comes with a choice of internal combustion power or as a pure battery-electric vehicle, as tested here. Plug-in hybridisation is saved for bigger Peugeots and Citroëns and DSs now, Vauxhalls later and who knows what beyond that, once parent company PSA Group merges with Fiat Chrysler as is planned next year.

Anyway, the idea is that, instead of Peugeot making a stand-alone electric vehicle, you choose a car from the regular Peugeot range and then choose your powertrain – ‘thermal’ or, increasingly, electric – to suit you, which strikes me as a pragmatic long-term approach. We’ve only tested the combusted and electric versions separately because they’re still widely searched for separately online – I guess electrification’s work will be done when searches are powertrain agnostic and the EV will have truly entered the everyday motoring lexicon.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/peugeot/first-drives/peugeot-e-2008-2019-review

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #98111 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Pricey. I’d consider it if it arrives on the scheme.

#98153 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Low powered and heavy.

#98162 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Have you had a go in one Elliot, it would be good to get a revue.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#98166 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

My current car, the SEAT Alhambra weighs 1835kg and has 148HP,

the e-2008 weighs 1548kg and has 134HP

It’ll be fast enough to spin up those eco tyres without any problem

I have a motorbike that weighs 165kg  and has 75HP, hmmm, all cars are slow 🙂

#98262 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Any car that has less than 150 BHP and weighs more than 1.5T is going to be pathetically slow.

#98280 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Are you racing Motability cars?

New sport?

#98376 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

No Julie, but I like my cars to have decent acceleration.

#98379 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

1548kgs and only 134bhp, not gonna blow many skirts up with those kind of figures, compare it to an i3 and it’s a dinosaur in the performance stakes, having an electric motor is supposed to give you instant power and torque at any speed but not here I’m sorry to say, missed the target by a big margin, maybe they’ll offer a version with some larger testis down the line.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Peugeot e-2008 2019 review

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: