Ordering additional extras?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #155622 Reply
    jazz

When choosing a motabilty vehicle do you have the option to choose a different paintwork colour, different wheels and different seats? I am considering getting a 5 door mini and the standard versions are just a bit plain.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155623 Reply
    ajn

Seems a bit of a mine field when it comes to colour, I’ve read some dealers try charging for metallic etc, yet some dealers don’t, with a wider range of choice..

As for extras I think it’s classed as packs, (usually very confusing) with it spread out almost like a bit of everything you would want on different packs…

All penny pinching, money making scams….

However that’s just my opinion and tbh, I’ve only ever been in once 🤣😂🤣..

Hope you get what you seek though 👍👍

🌻

#155624 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

If it’s on the MINI Website, then you can order it, there are a wide choice of seats and wheels but it comes down to what “spec” you choose, Classic, Sport or Exclusive as all have different options.

As far as I remember when we got ours, all colours are included as are the choice of roof and mirror colours, but you pay extra for bonnet stripes and Bigger Wheels

Play with the car designer and you can see what each looks like

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/range/select-your-mini/mini-5-door-hatch.html#iframe

#155634 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

When choosing a motabilty vehicle do you have the option to choose a different paintwork colour, different wheels and different seats? I am considering getting a 5 door mini and the standard versions are just a bit plain.

Hi Jazz. To answer your question, Motability will allow you to order non-metallic or normal (cost extra) metallic paints at no charge. Premium metallic paints can also be ordered, but you pay the difference between the cost of normal metallic paint and those (don’t know if Mini do them, so might not be relevant). As for optional extras, anything that a retail customer can order, you can add to your Motability car but you have to pay the full cost. That being said, most dealers will give 15-20% discount on options if you ask. We always add quite a few options to get the car that we want, but one thing to keep in mind is that if, for some reason, you had to end your lease early, Motability will give you a pro-rata refund of the Advance Payment and Good Condition Bonus, but will not give you any refund (pro-rata or otherwise) on the cost of any options.

#155649 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i am on my second mini a countryman, metallic paint is free as noel says the bonnet stripes are extra. some it depends on the model you choose and the spec. i had brg in the exclusive trim with the white leather.

as noel says best bet is to play with the configorator.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Ordering additional extras?
Your information: