Ordered an ID.3 Max Pro

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by MR Mark Winter.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #164984 Reply
    MR Mark Winter

Hi

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a VW ID.3 Max Pro. AP £1399

Colour chosen is Glacier White Metallic Flat black. VW has it listed as an option at £645 but Motability customers get for free. Plus as its a “pure electric” car, Motability will “arrange” for a home charger to be installed. Wonder how well that’s going to go! Have been quoted 20 weeks for delivery!!!

Ordered it, because AP could go up next quarter, car could be removed from  scheme. Motability sales chap told us if AP goes down then we will pay the new lower AP.

Also agreed if ID.4 AP goes down by 70% or thereabouts,  like it did for the ID.3. then we can change order to an ID.4.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #164985 Reply
    Marcus

I have the 45kw Style in Glacier White, being handed over in 3 weeks time. I only commute a 100 miles per week, so had no need for a bigger battery.

BP installed my home charger within 2 weeks, of completing the online paperwork. Looking at other reviews I appear to be fortunate!

I am on a forum on Facebook for the ID.3 and 20 weeks seems about right for delivery, if the wind is blowing in the right direction:)

#164995 Reply
    struth
    Participant

nice, it was one of 2 electrics i shortlisted if i went down that route. 20 weeks sounds a lot but im thinking most will be around that time

#165000 Reply
    kbfern

We are pulling the trigger on an ID4 52kw Pure £2900 ap on Tuesday and as you said the dealer has said he will re order if the price goes down so a win win. About 20 weeks for id4 and 27 for id3 is what my dealer told me but we shall see.

Only downside is the steel wheels on the id4.

@mrmarkwinter @ nice one mate, we were torn between the ID3 tour and the ID4 the 4 won out as it was more suited to our needs size wise and ride/access. I did not know we could get the two tone paint I will ask if we can get that as a no cost option. We will be getting the Kings Red metalic and it would be nice to get it with the black roof option.

Also ordering it with a boot hoist and home charger.

#165053 Reply
    MR Mark Winter

Hi

A couple of questions.

The sales guy said a cable will come with the ID.3, like this.

ID.3 Charger Cable One end goes into the car the other into the charger, just wondering what fitment “type” it is?

Near me is a Tesco with 22kw Type 2 socket charger, that’s currently free.

Plus a 50kw at 28p per Kw. CHAdeMO and CCS. Am I right in thinking the cable that comes with the ID.3 fits the type 2 socket charger? But can I or how do I charge from the 50Kw charger?

What range “miles” per Kw in the battery can I expect? Plus how is electric consumption affected by speed. Say motorway at a steady 50 or 60 or 70mph?

Thanks in advance.

#165056 Reply
    kbfern

Your car should come with a Charging cable mode 3, Type 2: 7.2kW / 32 A

The car has DC battery charging capability (Type 2/CCS) up to 125kw

Details below of the 58kw pro model so pretty close to what you are getting. This will give an indication of charging and expected ranges + a load of other info. Your max pro is a little quicker and range slightly less. Driving at 50-60 on the motorway will be very economical but as soon as you do 65mph+ this will reduce battery range the faster you go. Also winter will affect range quite a bit.

You can charge with DC chargers up to 125kw but if you use a 50kw charger that is the max you will get. Free chargers are usually 11kw (some 22kw) and a wall charger at home will do 7kw or a granny charger 3kw.

https://ev-database.uk/car/1531/Volkswagen-ID3-Pro

I recommend using this website it is a valuable source of info and has specific sections for all EV’s I have linked to the ID.3 for you below.

https://www.speakev.com/forums/volkswagen-id-3.316/

You have plenty of time to find out the info, you have 20 weeks at least😁

#165057 Reply
    MR Mark Winter

Many thanks.

Expecting longer than 20 weeks.

Also expecting the spec of the car may well be “Altered”.

#165077 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Hi  Mark

congratulations on ordering your new car.

the cable show. Is a type 2 cable, but it’s important to understand the difference in cables and charging speeds.

type 2 cables use AC power, the maximum power on AC is 22kW, but is dependant on the onboard charger and how much the car can handle. In your case 11kW, then it’s how much power a charging station can deliver, so a 7kW charger will deliver around that to your car, while a 22kW can only deliver 11kW as that’s the maximum your car can take.

faster charging is carried out by DC chargers using a CCS cable (these are fixed to the chargers, you don’t need one), these can deliver up to 350kW, but again this is restricted to the maximum your car’s circuit can handle,in your case 125kW. Also note, you will only get close to the max charge rate for a limited time, charging usually starts slow, ramps up to the maximum the charger can deliver (or the car take) and slows rapidly towards the end.

you will soon get used to it, but what I do is only use AC if it’s free, and DC I never charge past 80% unless I have loads of time as it becomes so slow it’s not worth it

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#165085 Reply
    MR Mark Winter

Hi

Have watched all the reviews on YouTube on the ID.3 and ID.4 plus many other EVs. Those by Bjørn Nyland being very good.

I was going to get a Nissan Leaf about 6 years ago after having one for a weeks test, but then had problems with getting a home charger installed. Motability back then would not let you have an EV without a home charger.

Apparently Motability will now let you have an EV without having a home charger. On a phone call to Motability the lady said we give you a card that lets you use a fast charger at discounted cost. But then went on to say the card is worth £7.50p a month. But then added the card is only for 3 months! I assumed it would be for the 3 years of the lease.

#165087 Reply
    James

Did you add alloys or are you keeping the steels, my friends got the tour and loves it. He loves to tell me how much he’s saving,

I think he said that he’s covered around 4000 miles and only spent around £20 because loads of chargers are free, even though he keeps saying all good things do come to an end and expects free charging to disappear

#165088 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Apparently Motability will now let you have an EV without having a home charger. On a phone call to Motability the lady said we give you a card that lets you use a fast charger at discounted cost. But then went on to say the card is worth £7.50p a month. But then added the card is only for 3 months! I assumed it would be for the 3 years of the lease.

As ever with EV’s, knowledge is poor from advisors and sales people.

If you can’t have a home charger, you get a code to enter on BP Pulse, this gives you a 3 year subscription free. Normally around £10 a month. Not the best option but still a useful one

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#165097 Reply
    MR Mark Winter

Just took the car as it is.

Over the years have never added any options.

Just hope VW do not replace the seats as they did with the alloy wheels.

ID.3 new standard seat

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Ordered an ID.3 Max Pro
Your information: