Ohme

• Creator
    Topic
  • #189790 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Ohme seems to be on the ball concerning the wall charger, 1 phone call, which unfortunately I missed, 2 emails and 2 texts.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #189794 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I found them to be very efficient. They subcontract the work out. We sent the 1st engineer away as he didn’t have a clue. The second team, father and son from Cardiff, were excellent. Having said that, installation took place in March and I am still awaiting the car.!

#189807 Reply
    Rugbyleague
    Participant

Slightly hijacking the post but if I got a new Ev to replace current would I be entitled to a new charger ? (already have a 3 year old charger). Also has anyone been able to get a smart charger which interacts with solar, batteries etc through Motability?

#189817 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Motability will pay for 1 charger only.

#189818 Reply
    Rugbyleague
    Participant

And if the charger fails?

#189834 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

That’s a good question. I can’t answer it but I would interested in finding out the answer.

Just a thought, wouldn’t the charger provider have to give a warranty for the wall box.

#189835 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

I found them to be very efficient. They subcontract the work out. We sent the 1st engineer away as he didn’t have a clue. The second team, father and son from Cardiff, were excellent. Having said that, installation took place in March and I am still awaiting the car.![/quote.

Cheers flippers I hope I’ll get the same trouble free service.

I’ve been given a October delivery date for the car. I’ll be surprised to see it in October this year. Maybe next October 😃. Ohme have also been given the same October date.

#189836 Reply
    Rugbyleague
    Participant

That’s a good question. I can’t answer it but I would interested in finding out the answer. Just a thought, wouldn’t the charger provider have to give a warranty for the wall box.

My charger is 3 years old now, last week it tripped and anxiety kicked in because I was worrying about charging…..I am concerned about its expected lifespan and reliability hence the original question new car new charger. Let’s see if someone can advise?

#189842 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Logically it would be down to you.

#189847 Reply
    Rugbyleague
    Participant
    1. And if the charger fails?

Would it? What evidence have you got to say that?

My thoughts are that the charger has been supplied with the car aswell as maintenance insurance etc. If any of those fail it’s not upto me?

#189848 Reply
    garry
    Participant

My BP pulse failed after 5 weeks,  it was replaced with in a week with one phone call to the installer who contacted BP.

This from BP pulse website…..

bp pulse home chargers have a standard warranty period of three (3) years from the date of installation, provided that the charger has not been tampered with and has been maintained correctly.
    The product warranty does not cover against incorrect use. The warranty also does not affect the statutory rights of the consumer.

#189850 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant
    1. And if the charger fails?

Would it? What evidence have you got to say that? My thoughts are that the charger has been supplied with the car aswell as maintenance insurance etc. If any of those fail it’s not upto me?

If it’s in warranty it will be covered by the company who installed it. After that it’s your responsibility. If in doubt call motability.

#189853 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Who owns the wall box/charger? Is it Motability because they paid for it, or is you because it’s on your property?

#189854 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Who owns the wall box/charger? Is it Motability because they paid for it, or is you because it’s on your property?

“You” own the box, not Motability.  I know they will only pay for 1 charger, for instance if you move home, you would be responsible for the full installation costs. similarly I know of instances where scheme members chose an electric car, changed their minds after the charger was installed and were permitted to keep it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by fwippers. Reason: Important additional information/contribution/opinion
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by fwippers.
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Ohme
Your information: