New Citroen C3 Aircross RipCurl special edition launched

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #113883 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Citroen continues its four-year partnership with the Australian surfwear brand, RipCurl, with a new special edition version of the C3 Aircross

Citroen has launched a new special edition version of the C3 Aircross, with a handful of cosmetic upgrades inspired by the Australian surfwear brand, RipCurl. It’s on sale in the UK now, priced from £21,610, with first deliveries expected to arrive in July.

The special edition C3 Aircross RipCurl is based on Citroen’s mid-range Flair trim-level, albeit with some cosmetic upgrades. Exterior revisions include new 16-inch alloy wheels, gloss black roof bars, privacy glass and gloss black front and rear skid-plates. There’s also some new yellow trim for the crossover’s headlamp surrounds, centre caps and mirror caps.

• Best SUVs on sale now

Buyers are also offered a choice of four body colours – Platinum Grey, Cumulus Grey, Natural White and Perla Nera Black. To finish the exterior redesign, Citroen has fitted the crossover’s front doors with RipCurl’s wave graphics and brand logo.

Inside, the C3 Aircross RipCurl features unique striped upholstery, with white stitching and yellow inserts which mirror the colour pack on the SUV’s exterior. There’s also automatic climate control, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, a set of RipCurl-branded floor mats and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

It’s powered by Citroen’s turbocharged 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine, which produces 109bhp and 250Nm of torque. The engine sends drive to the front wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox and offers a 0–62mph time of 10.1 seconds, a top speed of 114mph and WLTP emissions figures of 44.8mpg.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #113885 Reply

Georgie

Hum.  Initial thought – “Park two next to each other and they’d look like a pair of crocs’ (shoes), but after brief reconsideration I rather like it.

It’s really rather cute.  Though I doubt ‘cute’ was the reaction the designer was going for, but there you go.

It would certainly make a very nice little 3dr runabout but, imho, having the two rear doors make it look a bit cramped.  Lousy colour choice, of course – black, white, brown, silver, grey.  Much better in turquoise, electric blue, yellow, orange, sea green . . .

#113912 Reply

Tharg

Have to agree that it would be better as a two-door – there are so few of them about. But disagree about “cute”, Georgie. Sorry. Think it is mightily ugly. All lumps, bumps and swellings. Really cannot understand Citroen. The 50s DS was the most beautiful car ever; M Citroen regularly produces concept cars based on the DS spaceship looks; yet the cars they actually make look like this thing.

#113925 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Citroen seem to have lost the plot in recent years. They used to make lovely looking cars.

#113931 Reply

Georgie

When I was young (70’s) there was a 1950’s Goddess around where I grew up and it was definitely an eye catcher for all the right reasons.  Really elegant.  The thing is, I remember it being ‘bottle green’, but I just took a squint on Google and I don’t think they came in that colour.  Pretty much every other colour (including pink), but not bottle green!

#113935 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

In the good old days you used to be able to pay a little extra and get a factory order in whatever colour you wanted, had a couple done myself back in the day.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: New Citroen C3 Aircross RipCurl special edition launched

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: