My garage called !

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #113920 Reply

Bryan

Received an email today saying that my local garage has booked in my car (2 weeks time) for its 3rd year service plus the requisite MOT and has squared this with Motability.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #113923 Reply

JS

Do you already have a vehicle on order Bryan or are you on an extended lease?

#113924 Reply

Scott

Yes ours also , seat glasgow called and motability wanted it motd and service asap so goes in friday . I wonder if this is a sign motability have agreed to sell cars already if they’re ready to go once june 1st comes or maybe june 15th in scotland .

#113926 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

The gradual start to get things moving again, let’s hope things go well.

Tiguan fan boy

#113927 Reply

Mike

That’s great Scott I want to see the brand new Seat Leon at my local dealer next week

#113930 Reply

joss
    Participant

I find it unusual for mobility to do a third service. The MOT yes that has to be done.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#113934 Reply

Scott

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Almost 60k though</p>

#113937 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I find it unusual for mobility to do a third service. The MOT yes that has to be done.

Motability also told me don’t worry about the 3rd year service

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#113939 Reply

file28
    Participant

we are due  mot shortly

we live in wales but our nearest mazda dealer is in england so we will be raiding over the border just like the old days

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

#113940 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I may have this all wrong but I thought under lock-down rules that all MOT’s have been suspended for 6 months from the date that rule was implemented.

I don’t know off the top of my head how long has passed since but its not 6 months, or has something changed? Yes I know the dealer are opening again but what is the score on MOT’s?

#113941 Reply

file28
    Participant

AS garages open up again mots will have to be renewed asap as it was only a temp thing to cover cars during the lockdown

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

#113944 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Hi file28

I can’t see Joe Public who don’t have an organisation looking after their motoring affairs ringing around garages every day or so to see if an MOT can be preformed.

My grandson’s car is due for MOT in a week or so time but as far as he’s concerned the MOT is due at the 6 months date but of course with Motability they call the shots so we follow their word.

Thought I may add too…the lock-down has not finished yet even if that’s hard to believe.😁

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  ChrisK. Reason: Thoughts added
    #113946 Reply

JS

All Mot’s for returning cars will be done but it is unusual for the third service to be down unless you’ve taken an extension.

The latest statement from MFL (motability sales) looks like they are gearing up for business.

Based on the latest Government guidance we are working with our business partners, SFS and BCA Logistics, to plan how mfldirect can return to remarketing vehicles in the safest way to help our customers get back to business.

#113947 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Hi JS

A worrying thing I read the other day that effects the USA but could do here too and that’s Hertz going bankrupted and flooding the second-hand market with millions of nearly new cars that’s going to destroy second-hand prices for private and leasing company sellers.

Hope that’s just another scare story that doesn’t come true or hits our shores.

#113948 Reply

JS

I think the UK second hand market will be better than ever, many people are looking to buy a second car due to not wanting to commute via public transport etc.

The six months MOT extension is still in place but it’s worth noting the rules.

How the 6-month extension works
    Your vehicle’s MOT expiry date will be automatically extended by 6 months if it’s eligible. This will be done about 7 days before it’s due to expire.

This means that:

your vehicle will still have a valid MOT certificate for an extra 6 months
    you can still tax your vehicle – you might need to wait to do this until later in the month if both your MOT and vehicle tax run out this month
    your insurance will still be valid
    your vehicle’s record will be updated so the police can see you have a valid MOT
    You will not get a new paper MOT certificate with the new expiry date on it.

You must still keep your vehicle safe to drive.

Example
    Your vehicle’s MOT was due to expire on 3 May 2020.

This will automatically be extended to 3 November 2020. You will need to get your MOT by this date.
    What you need to do
    Your vehicle’s MOT expiry date will be updated about 7 days before it was originally due to expire.

Three days before your MOT was originally due to expire, check the expiry date has been extended.
    If the expiry date has not been extended 3 days before it was due to expire, email covid19mot@dvsa.gov.uk.
    You need to include these details in the email:

the date your MOT expired
    your vehicle registration number (number plate)
    The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency will then:

update your vehicle’s record
    email you to tell you this has been done
    If you take your vehicle for its MOT and it fails
    Your MOT extension will no longer apply if you take your vehicle for its MOT and it fails.

Your vehicle will need to be fixed and pass its MOT before you can use it again.

Example
    Your vehicle’s MOT was originally due to expire on 3 May 2020, but has been extended to 3 November 2020.

You take your vehicle for its MOT in August and it fails. You must stop using the vehicle until it’s fixed and passes another MOT test.

#113952 Reply

Mossfinn

Last year when I was changing over my car, the delivery was delayed and not due until my existing car was 38 months old. The service light came on at 36 months so I contacted Motobility and they told me to get it serviced and thanked me for letting them know and taking care of the car.

Fortunately in Northern Ireland, a cars first MOT is not until 4 years so that wasn’t an issue.

#113959 Reply

Saintsman

MOT’s are still available at the moment, my wife’s car was MOT’d last week at our local garage.

#113970 Reply

BluecloudUK

Just to address the 3rd service issue as I had this happen on one of my cars.

The car was fast approaching 60,000 miles and although the new car had been ordered, there was at least 2 months left before handover.

Motability had initially refused to allow the 3rd service until I had a word with RSAM and within 24 hours the service was authorised.

I simply pointed out to RSAM that Motability were refusing to apply manufacturer’s recommended maintenance to the vehicle and given that as I would be increasing the mileage by just over 2,000 in the time before the replacement was ready, I felt that Motability was increasing my insurance risk.

#113975 Reply

Bryan

Hi, my lease was to end on the last day of June but was extended 6 months.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: My garage called !

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: