Motability GO CHARGE

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I had an email yesterday from Motability Operations telling me that I will be getting a Motability GO CHARGE card sent to me at the time of delivery of my new BEV. It says its administered along with partner PAUA.

Has anyone already got one of these cards & are they useful?

I’ve just sent for the Electroverse card & BP Pulse card but I’m now wondering if I needed to if I’m getting a GO CHARGE account & card?

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rich44
      Participant

I had that too dunno anymore tho

Rich44
        Participant

Having just looked it’s just another aggregator type scheme like Bonnet but with no subscription and no discounts so it’s easy with no preauth which could be good in itself but other than that other options might be cheaper much like Bonnet altho that’s now owned by Ovo because they sold out which looks like that’s all they were in it for, who knows

Shaun
          Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Electroverse and some others give you discount but can be subject to pre-authorisation charges. Motability go-charge is just tap and charge, then get billed, no pre-auth or other faff. It’s accepted at a surprising amount of providers as well. It’s handy to have even if you are using other ones too</p>

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Shaun.
            Phaedra
            Participant

The Electroverse card, depending on where you live, is one of the best subscription free options.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Rich44
              Participant

As I’ve already got a charger I opted for the BP pulse sub this time price reduction from 83p to 69p for up to 150kw rapid charging, might be quite useful over 3 years if I prioritise BP Pulse

Rich44
                Participant

Best bit about the Electroverse card is you can get any name on it, mine says

“Asshole, First Class”

Cookie to anyone who gets the reference

Fastbike1000
                  Participant

I’ve had mine for about a month, I haven’t used it yet as all of my trips have been under 150 miles as of late. It looks like a good idea with plenty of coverage across the country, saves having a load of APPs on your phone and/or cards or hoping it’s contact card.

Pudsey
                    Participant

Tried to use mine at Ionity fast charger and – it didn’t work! Haven’t attempted to use it since.

Participant

I had my free OHME charger fitted in February. I got a new AP on my new car at the beginning of the month and because it was a new order with Motability they’ve sent me a 3 year subscription to BP Pulse for free too! Happy Days!

If I get the GO CHARGE too then it will be HappyHappy Days! ?

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August)

DumfriesDik
                        Participant

It is possible to have too many cards. I use the Electroverse card mostly and have the CPS card. Don’t think I’ve used any other card.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Shaun
                          Participant

The motability go-charge card works on CPS too, but instead of billing you monthly, it pays it straight away

Participant

I’m now wondering if all these cards will soon be obsolete as the new charger regulations state that all chargers should have contactless debit/credit card functionality?

It seems to me that it’s a bit of a bag of worms at the moment! ?

Shaun
                              Participant

Only chargers above 8kW, meaning all the slow destination posts will be left behind for a time, so some.form of card or app will still be needed for a while

DumfriesDik
                                Participant

The motability go-charge card works on CPS too, but instead of billing you monthly, it pays it straight away

CPS have just changed their payment method to paying straight away! Tyical!!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.