Motability Car Servicing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KerryB 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110080 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Our Motability car is due for it 3rd year service and MOT, it was due to be collected on the 31st March, according to the internet garage are exempt. Out of curiosity we phone the Ford dealership will this still go ahead, we are closing down for 3 weeks were not going to inform me ? I ask them contact us when they can, they informed they have hundred of customer so are unable.

So we phoned the Mitsubishi dealership for an update, they informed yes they are closing down for 3 weeks, but will keep us informed by email.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110097 Reply

KerryB
    Participant

I was wondering this myself. My Seat dealer just emailed to say they are shutting down (no dates or timespans mentioned) and that there will be no access to any of their services. As far as I’m aware, my car isn’t immediately due anything (AdBlue topped up last week, luckily!), but there must be thousands of motability car drivers out there whose cars will be due services required for warranty.

Will Motability allow a grace period for these cars? It looks as if it’ll be impossible to keep to a service schedule while the country is in lockdown. I’m not worried on my own behalf, and I’m hardly going to be putting miles on the clock for a while, but I’m sure others are worrying. ANyone heard anything about it? Have Motability sent an email out that I’ve missed?

#110099 Reply

KerryB
    Participant

On their site, this is the guidance offered. No use if the dealerships are all closed!

FAQs from the Motability Scheme regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

#110103 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Hopefully Motability will clarify the situation in time, but it’s my guess they’re trying to get a handle on the MOT problem by approaching the government.

Although my MOT isn’t required until July, I cannot reach shops without a car, so I’d be very worried by that stage & have to break the law in order to obtain food (which I’d ask to go through the courts & we’d suddenly find the MOT was suspended during this crisis, as criminalising the disabled for merely wanting to survive isn’t an option for our government… hopefully).

#110106 Reply

KerryB
    Participant

For information, here in Northern Ireland (where we have to use Government-run MOT centres rather than registered garages), this is today’s announcement:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/ongoing-issues-mot-centres

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  KerryB.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  KerryB.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Motability Car Servicing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: