Motability car prices

• Creator
    Topic
  • #170157 Reply
    Reg

Just to give you all the prices of second hand car price increase , early this year I asked about buying my seat Alhambra they quoted £11750 I didn’t have all the funds available then but 2 months ago I asked again and was quoted £17250 . Shows how the prices have increased this was on a 5 year old car on extended lease again out of my reach , great car that’s not around anymore

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #170158 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I wonder if they gave you the wrong price the first time Reg? In any event, Motability ask crazy money for cars with no warranty. Are Seat dealers asking £18,500 for a 5 year old Alhambra, as that would be a comparable price given that it would come with a warranty and you could negotiate the price down?

#170160 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

In fact Reg, having just had a quick look on Autotrader there are plenty at that price or even more (high mileage ones at half that price, but I’m guessing that’s not the case with yours), which makes me think that the price that they first gave you was an error. It wouldn’t have gone up in value by £5,500 in a few months.

#170164 Reply
    Reg

Thanks glos guy , the first quote was in may this year and the second one in October.they said because of shortage of new cars this is a fair price

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Motability car prices
Your information: