Mayor’s research finds 10 years of social security cuts hit disabled Londoners h

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar joss 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #83813 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

New research for the mayor of London has shown how 10 years of government welfare cuts and reforms have “discriminated” against disabled Londoners.

The mayor of London has written to work and pensions secretary Amber Rudd to ask her to reverse a series of government social security cuts, after his report showed the dramatic impact on disabled Londoners of 10 years of welfare reform.

Labour’s Sadiq Khan (pictured) told Amber Rudd in his letter that the assessment of the combined impact of the government’s tax and social security reforms showed disabled households in London had been “hardest hit” by the cuts.

He said in comments released alongside the report that the government’s “regressive” policies had discriminated against disabled Londoners, although he did not accuse the government of discrimination in his letter to Rudd.

Researchers, commissioned by the mayor, carried out a cumulative impact assessment (CIA) of years of tax and benefit changes on adults in London.

Mayor’s research finds 10 years of social security cuts hit disabled Londoners hardest

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #83824 Reply
    joss
    Participant

It is not just London, it’s the whole country!

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#83896 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Joss i can never understand disabled people voting Tory, the new cabinet, no matter what BJ says, will cut as much from the disabled as they can get away with.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#83906 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Nor can I Brydo. However it’s a strange world we live in now days. I have worked hard all my life. A former Coal miner on the face. Yet when the pits got shut I took my redundancy and used it become a social worker. Then things started to happen to me. My whole life changed.  and for the first time became reliant on benefits.

We became the target of the Tories. The rest is well documented. The country needs to wake up to the Tory master race and their plans.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Mayor’s research finds 10 years of social security cuts hit disabled Londoners h

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: