Loss of use payment in wrong name

• Creator
    Topic
    daniel180791
    Participant

Hi there I was just wondering if anyone has had a payment sent out in a wrong name? so my mother was my appointee until a few months ago as she has a terminal illness herself, I was trying to explain this to motability many times and they just couldn’t understand my mother could no longer deal with my claims, they sent a cheque out the other day into my mothers name but she does not have the mind to be fussing around and making transfers as my refund was due, are they able to re send the cheque or do a bank transfer to my own account as it was my NI and pip that paid for the car anyway, thank you

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Something else Motability struggle to understand and do!

Have you changed the bank details in your online account if you have one?

Write to them through the complaints procedure, stating that you had already spoke to them a few months ago re mum no longer being being well enough to be your appointee, yet a cheque was sent out in her name in error. Request they cancel the cheque and re issue payment directly to you or new appointee if you have one.

daniel180791
        Participant

I now manage my own affairs as she has stage 4 terminal lung cancer and brain tumours, the reason why it was changed was because she was forgetting to send it back to me once it arrived and wasn’t sure who’s PIP it was bless her, I was told Friday to call back Monday to speak to the finance department, I also don’t have an online account as when it was set up a few years ago my mother no longer remembers the sign in details, are they able to take bank details over the phone and process a same day payment or ? Thank you Daniel

kezo
          Participant

I’m not sure if the finance department will make a same day payment or not sorry or whether they will won’t the original check in your mums name bac.

However, it might be worth getting Motability to reset the online account with your details etc. That way any future payments will go directly into your bank.

daniel180791
            Participant

I did speak with a gentleman Friday but I called at 4:38pm! So the finance department was not in to assist me, however I am expecting a call back tomorrow at 10:30am or I will be calling them at 9am tbh , but the guy did say the cheque was now being cancelled and because it’s a mistake they can twist a few things as it was supposed to be issued in my name. I will let you know the outcome when I speak to them in the morning, thank you

daniel180791
              Participant

Also the address is no longer being used by either me or my mother as I moved out and she moved into end of care with macmillan, I tried to tell them months ago but they was telling me they can’t speak to me and I need my appointee to speak instead, ( very hard to talk or get my mum to when she is throwing up blood and is bed bound most days, but fingers crossed they will help tomorrow! also they did take an extra month of my money what I need sending back!

kezo
                Participant

I’m sure they will sort and update everything for you with little fuss.

Good idea, you ringing them 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.