Let’s be honest please please Help

• Creator
    Topic
  • #165018 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Ok so car went back for 3 days and although everyone agreed there was a problem it was deemed safe and returned although it still needs repair as agreed. So after a further 150 miles this is the email to land on desk tomorrow. Thing is we don’t know what to do any ideas?

Hi Charlotte
    Since receiving the car back we have done approx 150 miles, strangely finding that after approx 40 miles the bouncing increases something that makes little sense really,  however yesterday we returned through Elsemere taking the Shrewsbury road toward Wem. I would describe this road as a twisty A road great for motorcycles, but in the Traveller it can only be described as terrifying making me question wether the car is safe. We were travelling at between 45 to 55 mph in fact I have yet to have the confidence to take it above 60, anyway she suffered from ridiculous under steer into oversteer whilst occasionally jumping into the centre line it was so bad at that point, we have decided to no longer use the vehicle and would like it returned to you. Considering the issues we have had so far we think Peugeot need to be questioned as to how this vehicle passed quality control. We have had no issues with A/C since you fixed it, however the software update request has returned, the drivers window sticks all the way up not down and now the offside side door is  closing erratically it was smooth but now jumps as if it’s not going to complete the cycle.
    I appreciate that on paper the car has been deemed safe but as a long experienced driver I have to now disagree, I am even wondering should she be returned to the factory for investigation.
    Thank you for your help if you could let us know what next step should be.
    Kind regards

• This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Windy.
Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #165021 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

honestly windy, i think your being very restrained, i would be fuming and i would have turned up at their showroom as soon as it opened demanding it be returned and you given a suitable courtesy car until a new vehicle not a repaired new vehicle is provided or they take it back full stop and give you a courtesy car until you can get one from another manufacturer.

i would be stopping every customer going in there and telling them what a lemon youve been served up.

plus i would be wanting compensation for the inconveniance.

i would refuse to have that car back fixed or not.

#165022 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i dont feel by what you are saying that the car is remotely safe.  maybe an independent like rac needs to test it, but i would contact motability and say you wish the contract cancelled on safety grounds

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#165023 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Hi just to confirm RAC came out and as it was brand new felt apart from taking mileage really shouldn’t be involved. So let’s be honest this is reaction as for dealer I would agree apart from supplying dealer being 120 miles from dealer trying to help do it’s difficult.

#165024 Reply
    Bobby brown

Motability will be liable if you have a crash and someone is injured

Put the ball firmly in their court they are supplying you a vehicle thats is unsafe

Notify the insurance company also that the vehicle is unsafe

Hopefully you paid the ap using a credit card get them on board as well ad you have not received what you have paid for

#165025 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i would try and contact motability on phone if possible. sure they will arrange for it to be swapped or cancelled.

#165029 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Just to confirm Motability involved from start of issues not sure how effective that is now maybe it’s time to leave scheme

#165030 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

this is why you cannot complain to PSA group

#165031 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Stellantis now is it not?

#165032 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Yes quite so

#165033 Reply
    Bobby brown

You are protected by consumer law you will get this resolved be firm and tell them you are rejecting the car due to safety issues

#165037 Reply
    struth
    Participant

in deed its not fit for purpose and you shouldnt have any issues with motability rejecting it

#165038 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

What happens then though we end contract and have no car? This in a time when you can’t get one it’s a real worry this

#165039 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s not Windy’s car to reject, it’s Motability’s.  Tell them you don’t want the car for the reasons you’ve given here and ask them to replace it.

#165040 Reply
    Bobby brown

Google consumer law check moneysaving expert

Best to know your statutory rights before you make phone call.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by POPS.
    #165042 Reply
    POPS

Leaving aside any legal ramifications, you cannot be expected to drive a vehicle which you believe is unsafe.

Phone Motability tomorrow and tell the person that you speak to on their helpline that you are not prepared to continue to drive a vehicle that you believe is dangerously defective.

Whether or not the car has been “deemed safe” by Peugeot, the fact that you are afraid to drive it and carry vulnerable passengers in the vehicle must be the deciding factor.

Tell Motability in no uncertain terms that you will not drive the car again and expect them to arrange collection of the vehicle.

In all my dealings with Motability I have found them to be very helpful and sympathetic when they realise that your mind is fully made up.

Let us know how you resolve this ‘Windy’. Stay strong.

#165047 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

So sorry to hear all of this Windy. Pops is spot on. Just call Motability and firmly say that you feel that the car is unsafe, Peugeot have checked it and can’t find a fault but it’s still the same. You are rejecting the car on safety grounds and would like to return it. It’s past the time of asking for opinions or for Motability’s thoughts or views. You need to be firm and clear in your request to return the car. What I would be concerned about is how you stay mobile as most people doing an early termination stay in their car until the new one arrives. That’s clearly not an option in this case and I can’t see them giving you a hire car for 3-6 months!

#165050 Reply
    Tim

You could spend a month and Sundays going back and forward with the dealer and the manufacturer. If you value your sanity and time then head straight to Motability. It’ll likely be two phone calls if that, one with you explaining you wish to cancel penalty free, the second a call back agreeing to do so.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Let’s be honest please please Help
Your information: